Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by *starry_eyed_*)
    I was at home alone watching it for ages, when dad came home from work, I told him and I just sat there on the stairs watching it
    Do you have a couch?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sithius)
    Do you have a couch?

ReputationRep:
    Do you have a couch?
    why sit on a couch when i have stairs?

ReputationRep:
    why sit on a couch when i have stairs?
    The cushions are usually put there to provide comfort to your arse.

The stairs don't have them because you are usually not meant to sit on them.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by p00p)
    I saw it on the news for about 30 minutes, thought the explosions were cool, then watched a movie.
    What the hell? Seriously, left behind a year were we?

ReputationRep:
    The cushions are usually put there to provide comfort to your arse.

The stairs don't have them because you are usually not meant to sit on them.
    My stairs are special and so am I.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by p00p)
    I saw it on the news for about 30 minutes, thought the explosions were cool, then watched a movie.
    you thought they were cool? umm...

ReputationRep:
    My stairs are special and so am I.
    Course you are love. (pats head)

Have a lollypop.

ReputationRep:
    I'm just joking, love ya really.

ReputationRep:
    I was at school and heard rumours that there were some explosions in America. Then when I got picked up by my mum she had heard something about planes being hijacked. Didnt find out what had actually happened till I got home and switched on the tv, I couldn't believe what I was seeing!

ReputationRep:
    I walked out of school and my mum said something like the most tarrible thing has happend in america...

ReputationRep:
    I was in Geography when towards the end of the lesson the teacher said something really big had happened in America. He wouldnt say what so I went up to ask him and he told me about the twin towers. I didnt believe him fully but when I got home I put the TV on and saw one of the towers in flames and smoke. Then soon after saw the second one get hit. I remember just sitting there gobsmacked. By the time the towers fell my mum and brother were home and we were just watching in near silence.

ReputationRep:
    I was actually off school sick. My mum called down and told me that dad had phoned/emailed (I don't remember) saying that a plane had crashed into the tower. I didn't think much of it; I thought it was an accident and for some reason didn't think many people would be hurt. But I turned on the news and watched, saw the second plane hit, and realised it was big.

ReputationRep:
    I was also off school ill and had started going out with this girl (on the 9th). She was actually staying at my house for a week and came back after school and we watched it on TV.

ReputationRep:
    I was living in the US at the time. I was home sick and my dad called and said to turn on CNN. I didn't realize the seriousness at the time but as the day went on every channel was showing footage from the towers or had stopped broadcasting. I think the only channel that was still normal was cartoon network. Apparently they had just watched the news all day at my school. We didnt do much else the next day either.

ReputationRep:
    i'd come home early from 6th form, tv was on, i didn't think it was real to start off with. missed the planes going in but saw them collapse. made me feel sick

ReputationRep:
    it was everywhere in the news. it was so sad seeing thousands of people died. still get the goose bumps.

ReputationRep:
    I remember coming home from school, knowing nothing about it and going on MSN when my friend said "have you seen what those terrorists have done now?" when I turned the TV on and was running between MSN upstairs, and watching the news in shock with my parents. I vowed not to say lol all night on MSN as it was such a sad occasion. Jees, that was a weird night!

ReputationRep:
    I was at school in NYC, pretty close to the Twin Towers actually. The teachers sent us back to our classrooms, we thought a student had died or something! Then they told us, but at that point no one was really sure if it was terrorism because the second plane hadn't hit yet. Everyone was pretty confused and scared. Then my mom came and picked me up, it was probably the most surreal experience of my life. There were no cars on the street, and everyone was just watching the Twin Towers silently. I have never seen NYC that quiet. I then went home and watched the news, saw them collapse in real time, which was freaky. I remember the crowds of business people all walking home covered in dust and rubble because the subways wern't working. It has probably been the most memorable day in my life so far, which is pretty depressing.

ReputationRep:
    I remember being in a math class or something, the teacher got a phone call and another teacher came in to talk to her. They were both obviously upset but no one would tell us why for a while, eventually they gathered us all together and turned on the TV, about a minute later the second plane hit the tower. Remember at first thinking that they were just showing a reply of the first impact until I realized the other tower was also on fire. We watched that for a while, then reports came in of some sort of explosion or fire at the Pentagon, but the cause was unknown. Eventually they sent us off to our classes ( :rolleyes: ) and later come over the intercom telling us about a plane crash in a field in Pennsylvania but they thought at the time it was unrelated. The scariest part was that it seemed to close, NYC is only about 6 or 7 hours away (new york is right next to vermont)

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.