Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Help on WHSmith and Boots interview!!! watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Really?? I didn't get anything like that! I think they asked me what I could bring/why I should be chosen over anyone else. I said reliability, flexibility, enthusiasm, experience and pleasent customer service.

I had my interview yesterday and got a call today to tell me that I got the job.

ReputationRep:
    for my interview at whsmith (1 1/2 years ago) i just got a one-on-one interview with the store manager (travel store tho) he was quite nice and it's basically like why do you think you'd be good, etc.. and then for 15mins i had to observe ppl on the tills and write down what was good not good etc!!
    i got the job tho, good luck, seriously relax and you'll be fine!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Robusty)
    wow, thanks zoe!

...if they ask me about shampoo, i'll still be stuck with wot to say...or is it always shampoo??
    Seriously i've worked at Boots for a year and a half and have no idea what most of the products do or what to recommend you just have to blag it!! Try reading the label on the packet or say something generic like "we sell lots of this brand" (not that this is good practice of course!!!) The interviewer won't expect you to be an expert just capable of sweet talking the customers.

ReputationRep:
    hi there, i would really like a sales assisstant job in a boots store. whats it like? whats hourly rate of pay ?? does any 1 know? regards Tia x x

ReputationRep:
    my interview for WH Smiths consisted of a one to one interview with the store manager and that was it but then again that was nearly 2 years ago and it is a really small store. But yeah basically asked me why id be good at the job and gave me scenarios and asked me what id do in that situation...must of answered with the right things cos im still there!

ReputationRep:
    Boots interview as single, totally screwed up when she asked me if i knew anyone who worked there, saying yes and saying a few people this particular woman hated.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by B_e_x)
    Whsmiths do group interviews too. You have to play games and stuff to show you can work as a team, then they take you into a room one by one for a individual interview, but its more like a chat! They just want to get to know your personality really

Correctomundo.

- First of all they get you to talk to one other applicant to gauge how confident you are at meeting new people, talking to them etc

- Then you do an exercise on the shop floor working in groups of three or four and have to go round the store picking items to match the needs of a certain customer group

- Then you have a one to one interview which is your final chance to impress.

Any more questions feel free to PM me, as i currently work there, and have done since Oct '05

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by teenage-monkey)
    Really?? I didn't get anything like that! I think they asked me what I could bring/why I should be chosen over anyone else. I said reliability, flexibility, enthusiasm, experience and pleasent customer service.

I had my interview yesterday and got a call today to tell me that I got the job.
    hey just joined the forum to get help on wh smith group seletion,i have never been to any before and am quite nervous on what to expect.do u still work with wh smith?if so do you have an idea of what the interviewer expects recently? and wats the best answer should i give if he asks why i want to work in wh smith???
    plse help

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 6, 2010
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.