Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta
    Offline

    0
    ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fynn)
    LOL :p: i really liked St Georges but i will spend less money on rent, food, drink in Coventry than i would in London and i have all my mates there as well. But hey i might not get in to Cov then il just have to come to London!
    ooh my firm is coventry too! I really liked it there, and all the facilities and stuff seemed well good!

    Just heard that it's a bit on the quiet side at night, but oh well Birmingham's nearby
    Offline

    0
    ReputationRep:
    (Original post by claretandblue)
    ooh my firm is coventry too! I really liked it there, and all the facilities and stuff seemed well good!

    Just heard that it's a bit on the quiet side at night, but oh well Birmingham's nearby
    Cool!!! got some else going to Cov Yea im there at the moment doing sports therapy, it depends on what night you go out on, the main nights are monday at the SU 1 pound drinks all night , wednesday at the main club (lava ignite) think some drinks are 1.20 (cant really remember by the time i get there!!) and friday at the SU. but Brum is also very good! Why did you choose Cov?
    Offline

    0
    ReputationRep:
    Just been rejected from York. So thats it Bradford here I come!

    Good luck to everyone still waiting to decide.
    Offline

    1
    ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kishha)
    Just been rejected from York. So thats it Bradford here I come!

    Good luck to everyone still waiting to decide.
    Have you been offered a place on the waiting list for York? I have, but it means refusing the other two offers I have and going through Extra but with no guarantee of a place. So I don't know what to do now.

    Advice please.

    My options:

    1. Take up place to do Physio at Teesside.

    2. Takeup place to do top-up year at Northumbria and then reapply for Physio next year.

    3. Turn down both the above offers. Go through Extra and hope there is a place for me at York.

    Actually there is fourth option.

    4. Ask York if they will defer me a place for next year and do the top-up at Northumbria this year.
    Offline

    0
    ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jinglepupskye)
    Have you been offered a place on the waiting list for York? I have, but it means refusing the other two offers I have and going through Extra but with no guarantee of a place. So I don't know what to do now.

    Advice please.

    My options:

    1. Take up place to do Physio at Teesside.

    2. Takeup place to do top-up year at Northumbria and then reapply for Physio next year.

    3. Turn down both the above offers. Go through Extra and hope there is a place for me at York.

    Actually there is fourth option.

    4. Ask York if they will defer me a place for next year and do the top-up at Northumbria this year.
    Hi I just had a straight rejection. Well done on the waiting list offer.

    Its a tough decision you have there but I'm not sure I'd reject everything else and pin my hopes on a maybe. If you had no other offers then I'd try the York route, but as you have a conditional from Teeside I'd go for that - unless you think there will be a problem passing your OU human biology module.

    I guess it depends how much you want physio this year I suppose, if you can put things on hold for a year then thats fine but I'd be inclined to go with the teeside offer and you'll be able to start straight away rather than deferring for a year or taking a chance on hearing the right decision from York. I don't understand how York are encouraging you to reapply through extra if they have allocated all their places and have you on a waiting list....?

    My decision would be to take teeside - they will have you in your current position with a pass in human biology (to me it makes sense to take a place on a physio degree asap - I'm an old git though so I don't have time to hold off for a year). However it depends on how much you want York, if you really want to go to York take a chance and if it doesn't work out then at least you know what they want and can reapply next year.

    I've not been much help really have I?!

    kish
    Offline

    1
    ReputationRep:
    Hi kish

    Yesterday I saw on Track that York had rejected me so I was okay just go to Teesside and I was happy that the decision had been made. Then this letter came.

    I am delighted to inform you that following your recent interview we would like to offer you a place onto the Waiting List for the degree programme noted above.
    A small number of vacancies may become available on the course between the Summer Examination Results and the start of the academic year in September. Providing you do not hold a place at another Higher Education Institution, we may be in a position to offer you a conditional place and will make "contact with you at that point. Any offer would be subject to receiving your Clearing Form and also meeting the appropriate academic and any further conditions pertinent to the programme.
    Currently a reject decision has been sent to UCAS from York St John University College for the above programme, in due course, if you have not received any other offers, you will receive a Clearing Entry Form from UCAS which will also entitle you to apply through Clearing to any other institutions who have vacancies advertised in the summer.

    So now everything is all up in the air again. One minute I think I will go to Teesside the next I think give York a chance. My mind is all over the place and I am trying to think of pros and cons for each choice.

    The easiest choice would be Teesside. It is only 30 minutes away and I can live at home so no complications. On the other hand I loved York!

    I'm just going to think about it over the weekend and see how I feel on Monday, and then make a decision.

    Good luck with Bradford.

    Jingle
    Offline

    0
    ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jinglepupskye)
    A small number of vacancies may become available on the course between the Summer Examination Results and the start of the academic year in September. Providing you do not hold a place at another Higher Education Institution, we may be in a position to offer you a conditional place and will make "contact with you at that point. Any offer would be subject to receiving your Clearing Form and also meeting the appropriate academic and any further conditions pertinent to the programme.
    Currently a reject decision has been sent to UCAS from York St John University College for the above programme, in due course, if you have not received any other offers, you will receive a Clearing Entry Form from UCAS which will also entitle you to apply through Clearing to any other institutions who have vacancies advertised in the summer.

    So now everything is all up in the air again. One minute I think I will go to Teesside the next I think give York a chance. My mind is all over the place and I am trying to think of pros and cons for each choice.

    Jingle

    I agree with Kish - if I was in your situation, I'd accept the definite offer from Teesside and make the most of the course there, rather than turn it down on a maybe.

    The only other thing I can suggest is that you give York a call and ask them how realistic it is that a place will become available during clearing. If you tell them you're considering turning down a definite offer so you would be free to accept any future offer from them, they'll probably be honest with you.

    But it would still be a risk. I actually think it's mean-spirited of York to reject you but tempt you into turning down other offers by putting you on a 'waiting list' that may come to nothing. It's not nice getting rejected (I've had a couple this year), but at least you know where you are then and can make definite plans.

    Best of luck anyway - I hope it works out for you.
    Offline

    0
    ReputationRep:
    Hey Jingle I got home yesterday to the same letter from York. I also have the option of the maybe waiting list. I think its really cheeky of them to be honest. It doesn't effect me because I'd made my mind up on Bradford but I can see how it would cause problems for people who hadn't made a decision.

    Maybe ring them like MJay suggested - it gives a number on the letter and explain your situation. I don't think it would be fair of them to encourage you to turn down an offer on the off chance a place comes up through clearing....
    What worries me is how many people have they put on the reserve list, so even if you did end up going through clearing there is no way of knowing if another 30 people are in the same situation? who gets a place? There are too many 'what ifs' in this situation.

    Good luck with whatever you decide.
    Kish
    • Thread Starter
    Offline

    1
    ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kishha)
    Hi I just had a straight rejection. Well done on the waiting list offer.

    Its a tough decision you have there but I'm not sure I'd reject everything else and pin my hopes on a maybe. If you had no other offers then I'd try the York route, but as you have a conditional from Teeside I'd go for that - unless you think there will be a problem passing your OU human biology module.

    I guess it depends how much you want physio this year I suppose, if you can put things on hold for a year then thats fine but I'd be inclined to go with the teeside offer and you'll be able to start straight away rather than deferring for a year or taking a chance on hearing the right decision from York. I don't understand how York are encouraging you to reapply through extra if they have allocated all their places and have you on a waiting list....?

    My decision would be to take teeside - they will have you in your current position with a pass in human biology (to me it makes sense to take a place on a physio degree asap - I'm an old git though so I don't have time to hold off for a year). However it depends on how much you want York, if you really want to go to York take a chance and if it doesn't work out then at least you know what they want and can reapply next year.

    I've not been much help really have I?!

    kish
    i've chosen my firm and insurance, now its just a matter of filling in the NHS bursary application (whenever it comes) and not to forget.....get the grades as well !!! LOL
    Offline

    1
    ReputationRep:
    I know I said I would wait until Monday but I have changed my mind and opted for Teesside. I really want to go there so it's not worth risking it for a place at York. In any case Tesside really want me but I would just be second best at York. So I've confirmed my choice on Track and I am trying to sort out my finance forms now.

    I agree with MJay that it is a bit mean of York but they are probably trying to hedge their bets. Unfortunately that means problems for the potential students who already have offers.

    I can't wait for September now! Good luck to everyone and I hope that you all get the results that you are hoping for! In three years time we will all be fighting each other for jobs!
    Offline

    0
    ReputationRep:
    Jingle I think you've made the right decision. Its best to go to teeside, as you said they wanted you rather than being second choice at York.

    Shoiab, where did you decide on as your firm in the end, Manchester or Bradford?

    I received my reply to offers letter from UCAS this morning, so I'll be finalising my choice soon.

    Good luck to the both of you with your exams. I'm sure you'll get the results you want.

    Kish
    Offline

    2
    ReputationRep:
    Finally made my desicion today: Kings collge London as my Firm and Leeds Met as my insurance. it begining to feel real now i'm scared and excited at the same time!!
    Offline

    0
    ReputationRep:
    Took forever for me to decide, but im going with
    Brunel - Firm
    Hertfordshire - Insurance

    Out of interest, nobody else seems to be liking these uni's. I thought Brunel, at least, had a good reputation for physio.
    Offline

    0
    ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kazoola)
    Took forever for me to decide, but im going with
    Brunel - Firm
    Hertfordshire - Insurance

    Out of interest, nobody else seems to be liking these uni's. I thought Brunel, at least, had a good reputation for physio.
    I haven't decided yet, but Brunel is one of the choices I'm seriously considering. Brunel does have a good reputation for physio, and I went to see the brand new healthcare building a couple of weeks ago - it looks brilliant, really impressive.
 
 
 
Reply
Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: May 5, 2006
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Reply
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.