Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Sharing beds with friends watch

ReputationRep:
    I totally agree with you..her reaction was over the top and I think you should be able to do these things! Unfortunaetely it doesn't work that way for most people...and then it was not the smartest thing to do..just talk to her/explain everything and she prob will be ok with it!

Cheers people. It's kinda tricky but hopefully my grovelling will win the day. I'm glad to see i'm not the only person who does it aswell. Makes me feel a bit better.

ReputationRep:
    I'd sleep with them if I didn't have a boyfriend, I think it's insensitive to sleep with anyone whilst I do, purely because I would go absolutely, totally and 100% chicken oriental at him if he did it.

I sleep with girlfriends all the time though, he loves the idea!

ReputationRep:
    Personally I wouldn't share a bed with a another woman other than my gf (except in extremis) for precisely the reasons why you are getting in trouble. People like to make up worst case/most interesting scenarios and believe them rather than the truth. The point is that there is the possiblity that you did have sexual relations with your friend and you are lying about, isn't there? Best thing is to eliminate the possibility.

ReputationRep:
    my boyfriend slept in the same bed with a girl a while back...a girl who used to like him and used to be mean bout me. But I just had to grit my teeth and forget it- he saw it as no big deal and I trust him!

ReputationRep:
    I wouldn't be happy at all if my bf did that! mind you, you were pretty naiive to tell her

ReputationRep:
    If my girlfriend slept in another guys bed, I would not be happy. So I can sympathise with your girlfriend here, and I'd say you were in the wrong.

I can see why she reacted the way she did, but then again sharing a bed with someone doesn't by any means indicate any strong feelings between you. My (female) friends and I often share beds when round each other's houses, but that doesn't mean we're attracted to one another, and therefore lesbians. :p:

Just emphasise how long you've been together and that you need to be able to trust each other.

Good luck!

ReputationRep:
    having shared a bed with my friend at quite a few partys when theres been no attraction, i can understand you veiw that its nothing, and much comfier than the floor, but as a girlfriend, if you dont know the person, or are worried about it i can see where shes coming from, my friend just didnt tell his girlfriends in the end, nothing happened and there wasnt anything to worry about, but it wasnt worth the hassel, but if i were you appologies, and say in future that you'll sleep on the floor if thats how she feels, its not worth arguing about.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by freshestkid)
    edit: Tell her you top'n'tailed, should keep her sweet
    What if he has a foot fetish?

ReputationRep:
    HAHA you shouldnt have told her..
    Ive slept in the same bed as male friends, and if Id had a bf at the time, I wouldnt have told him, because it didnt mean anything!!
    Male friends have told me that their gfs have been annoyed with them sharing beds with girls theyve known for like 10yrs, soo I wouldnt tell her.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 11, 2006
Poll
Are you going to a festival?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.