Turn on thread page Beta

what's the best way to tell someone you fancy them? watch

(Original post by dead man's shoes)
    break into his house and write his name in your blood all over his bedroom walls, and leave pics of you doing it (so he knows it was you and doesn't think it was weird or anything)

haha!! nice one ~ think my idea was more romantic though

(Original post by popsical)
    It's much nicer when it occurs naturally. Telling someone you fancy them is a tad immature. :p:
    yea but someone has to make the first move. nothing will happen unless someone does something about it.

ReputationRep:
    think popsical is right. you shouldnt tell him outright, thats silly.

if you want to email/txt him or whatever, just do it, don't worry about what he'll think. meet up a few times n see what happens. keep it subtle n chilled

if that fails LICK HIS FACE

dont email / text how 13 yearoldish is that! speak to them up front or a write a letter.

ReputationRep:
    i was just suggesting she makes some kind of contact, THEN meets up.

writing a letter? how 18th century :p:

face licking is the future

lol!

ReputationRep:
    "It's the future. I've tasted it!"

(Original post by drawmeamonkey)
    i was just suggesting she makes some kind of contact, THEN meets up.

writing a letter? how 18th century :p:

face licking is the future
    omg you're still with the face licking thing?
    i'll see how it goes lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sithius)
    "Hey. I fancy you. Do you feel the same way?"
    (You will probably get either replyA: "Yes" or replyB: "No")

If A: Make out.
    If B: Make out. Though you might get done for sexual harrassment.
    you guys so often say that, but you don't really like it when girls actually do that. It's the girl who everyone fancies that you really want.

If I were you I'd just organise a party and invite him too. Then go for it! Flirt with him, for example try and find out where he's ticklish or such like (hey, worked for me!)

About your other friend fancying him...
    personally, if I was in your position and I really liked this guy then I'd go for it and try to get him. If I didn't like him that much, but just thought he was cute and maybe just wanted to mess around a bit, but not much more, and know that a good friend of mine really, really likes him and might have a chance... then I probably wouldn't.
    Thing is, if you always try and think about everyone else, you may end up never getting a guy. If she's a good friend she'll forgive you for going after him. Depending on what your relationship is like with her, I think it's not out of the question to just talk to her about it.
    Start a conversation about which guys you fancy and say how you really fancy him. Don't start off by asking her who she fancies or she might say she fancies him and make you feel guilty so you end up not telling her you like him.
    If you're good friends I'm sure you can just talk it over. Maybe there are some other guys she fancies too or after hearing how much you like this guy she'll just say that she kind of fancies him but wish you luck (if she acts like a *****, I wouldn't think much of her as a friend).

Good luck!

don't you guys have anymore productive suggestions? lol. this guy is currently out of the country for a few days so technically i can't be doing any of your previous suggestions except for the breaking into his house thing. heh. but his family is still at home, so basically that's not possible
    therefore it all comes down to texting him or writing him an email. should i just wait until he comes back and then see what happens from thereon?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by drawmeamonkey)
    "It's the future. I've tasted it!"

garlic??!!!........ bread?!!!!!!

send him a vague message, he'll be looking forward to getting back.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    don't you guys have anymore productive suggestions? lol. this guy is currently out of the country for a few days so technically i can't be doing any of your previous suggestions except for the breaking into his house thing. heh. but his family is still at home, so basically that's not possible
    therefore it all comes down to texting him or writing him an email. should i just wait until he comes back and then see what happens from thereon?
    yeah, wait until he comes back definitely! telling him you like him in a text... nah, that's kind of crap, in my opinion at least. you can do it... start texting him and get a bit of a convo going... eh, but he's aboard having fun, probably not even thinking about you. That's not how to go about it. Have patience!
    Lol, believe me that's good advice, I have no patience at all some times and that always ends badly.
    Take your time.
    If you really want him make him feel like he is the only guy in the world... and then ignore him for a while and be indifferent towards him. You don't want to get with someone who just wants sex, but someone who likes you. If he likes you and wants to go out with you, he'll hopefully get in contact with you. If not wait a while (again, you just need patience!!!) and then somehow meet him again at a party (maybe get a friend to throw a party and invite him, or some other event where you two can talk over a drink or two or such like). As I said, if he likes you, he'll then flirt with you and voila - you can kiss him! And then hopefully things will work out as planned.

Damnit,I'm trying to follow my own advice at the moment and I think it's working. I pulled the guy I fancied and then didn't talk to him for 2 weeks... I was beginning to get nervous, but just when I started to complain to someone about him not being in contact with me... the little devil picks up all his courage
    I still reckon it'll be 3- 4 weeks until we are together, IF we get together, but well, things like this just don't happen over night often and a text saying: hey, I fancy you, wanna go out with me? is not the way to start a good relationship in my opinion. Regardless of what some guys say, those guys who actually take time to think about which of their past relationships worked and which girls they actually liked tell me it's not the kind they just go with just like that, but those who they felt they had to work and wait for a bit.

(Original post by Adarah)
    you guys so often say that, but you don't really like it when girls actually do that. It's the girl who everyone fancies that you really want.

If I were you I'd just organise a party and invite him too. Then go for it! Flirt with him, for example try and find out where he's ticklish or such like (hey, worked for me!)

About your other friend fancying him...
    personally, if I was in your position and I really liked this guy then I'd go for it and try to get him. If I didn't like him that much, but just thought he was cute and maybe just wanted to mess around a bit, but not much more, and know that a good friend of mine really, really likes him and might have a chance... then I probably wouldn't.
    Thing is, if you always try and think about everyone else, you may end up never getting a guy. If she's a good friend she'll forgive you for going after him. Depending on what your relationship is like with her, I think it's not out of the question to just talk to her about it.
    Start a conversation about which guys you fancy and say how you really fancy him. Don't start off by asking her who she fancies or she might say she fancies him and make you feel guilty so you end up not telling her you like him.
    If you're good friends I'm sure you can just talk it over. Maybe there are some other guys she fancies too or after hearing how much you like this guy she'll just say that she kind of fancies him but wish you luck (if she acts like a *****, I wouldn't think much of her as a friend).

Good luck!
    i don't think i'm allowed to have a party. my parents are very conservative so they wouldn't like me having one.
    i've fallen head over heals on this guy. i might take your advice about my other friend. it's just that she's really close to me and i don't know whether it's worth it to go for the same guy. although i'm not sure to what extent she fancies this guy, it was only a few days ago that she told my other friend and i that she fancies him. at that moment i didn't tell her i fancied him too coz it's just awkward to tell her that time that i fancied the same guy. my other friend who doesn't fancy the guy knew i fancied him before she asked that other friend if she fancied that guy or not. i'm not sure how to describe the situation simpler than this but there it is. i might as well tell her i fancy the guy and get it over with.

(Original post by Mangaroo)
    send him a vague message, he'll be looking forward to getting back.
    a vague message? :confused: what would that be?

ReputationRep:
    Oh, well if that is the case, I would definitely talk it over with her! To be honest guys are not worth risking a great friendship over. I'm afraid I don't know the exact situation of course, you have to listen to what your head tells you to do as well as your feelings. If you get the feeling after talking to her about it, that she would be really mad at you if you went for this guy then you may want to reconsider it. Thing is, if she is such a good friend, she should be fine with it, but she might also feel like you betrayed her if you go after him. I think the risk of her thinking like that is greatly reduced if you tell her about it. Another reason not to text him now!
    Tell her how much you fancy him, but just be totally honest and tell her about your concerns for her, because you don't want to hurt her or loose her friendship if this guy does want to go out with you.
    If you present it to her that way, I would think she'd be nice enough to say you can go ahead and have him... as I said though, be a bit careful, if for some reason alarm bells go off in your head and you get the feeling she's really saying: 'how dare you *****...! ' , hehehe, then maybe give it a bit more time, and talk to her about it another time.

ReputationRep:
    Hey I'm in exactly the same situation, except with the genders reversed. I'd like to offer you advice other than "Doing nothing, and completely ignoring him, doesn't work", but I have no idea what I'm going to do myself.

lol?! cant you think of something!

fine ~ something like

"Its been a while since we've seen eachother and I miss talking to you. Look forward to seeing you when you get back. "

its pretty vague, but he'll be able to sence something, i dont think the problem is how you will talk to him, i think your just too chicken!

(Original post by Adarah)
    Oh, well if that is the case, I would definitely talk it over with her! To be honest guys are not worth risking a great friendship over.
    Some people are worth it.

I'd gladly sacrifice all my friends for a certain girl.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mangaroo)
    Some people are worth it.

I'd gladly sacrifice all my friends for a certain girl.
    true - but a guy you only talk to occasionally probably isn't. Or at least chances are she isn't actually in the position to say that he really is. Some times you can really fall for someone and think the world of them just because you are in love - but things don't work out and you only realise then that the guy wasn't actually as great as you thought he was.
    Some guys may be worth more than some friends, especially casual friends. I mean, you have friends who are really good friends, you can have great meaningful conversations with and can just trust. Then you have another set of friends who are basically just good for going out and having a laugh with, but you can't actually rely on them to be there when you are feeling miserable.
    A guy might be worth more than one of the 'party friends', but very, very rarely worth risking a meaningful friendship over. I'd only say they were worth it if you knew them really well, basically if the guy was one of your best friends. But if he's someone she's actually nervous to text... that means he's not a close friend of hers. Not that I'm saying you can't have the best relationship with a guy you weren't close friends with before - I just saying that I don't think it's worth taking such a risk, as great friends can be hard to come by and are worth so much.

P.S. remind me never to be your friend and trust you

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 13, 2006
Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.