Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

JaPanEse MovIEs watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by p00p)
    Anime that isn't Ghibli?

Perfect Blue, Ninja Scroll, Ghost in the Shell, Blood: The Last Vampire, Patlabor, Metropolis, Jin-Roh, Roujin Z.
    Second all these movies... but havent seen Perfect Blue... nice avy as well..:cool:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by johnsonimrodgd)
    I recommend 3 Iron (aka Bin Jip). This is Korean not Japanese but it is one of the most unique and thoughtful love story I have ever seen. Put it this way, the 2 main characters do not have a single line of dialogue so a lot of it is left to your own imagination. Ideal for people who hate reading subtitles. This is the synopsis of the movie:

"A transient young man spends his days breaking into people's empty homes. But instead of robbing them, he simply partakes of the vacationing residents' lives for a few days. He tastes a little of their food and poses for pictures next to valued possessions but, in return, he also fixes any household items if they're broken and cleans up any laundry or mess left around.

One day he illegally enters an affluent businessman's large house only to be discovered by the inhabitant's battered wife who is hiding in a corner. Sensing the young stranger's gentleness, the woman doesn't turn him in and , she eventually leaves with him, in the process abandoning her hot-tempered, careerist husband.

This pair are just companions escaping from reality, the unlikely couple travelling the city living a phantom life in other unsuspecting people's homes. However, the enraged husband is soon on their trail and determined to have them caught..."

Hope you enjoy it as much as I did.
    tut tut tut! only japanese movies please:p: ! but thankyou anyway...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Axiom)
    Battle Royale
    My Neighbour Totoro
    Dark Water
    TONARI NO TOTORO!!!!! what an amazing film!

here are more of mine. they're mostly miyazaki, but that doesn't mean they should be omitted from my list:

Spirited Away
    Princess Mononoke
    The Grudge (original japanese version)

ReputationRep:
    Audition
    Battle Royale
    The Ring, Ring 2, Ring 0
    Sleeping Bride
    Tale of Two Sisters

ReputationRep:
    'Tale of Two Sisters' is not a Japanese movie.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by judi_lover)
    is Audition worth watching?
    YES!

I saw this on channel 4 years ago, brilliant film.

For those who love light hearted films, waterboys is good and erm, Messengers put a smile on my face to be quite honest, and thats a hard thing to do because I'm very very critical of films

ReputationRep:
    PRINCESS RACCOON- This film looks so good! Im sure it'll be nothing like anything ive ever seen before- it looks incredibly beautiful, funny and surreal.

Its a new film from Japan starring Zhang Ziyi as a Raccoon who is transformed into a beautiful princess.

annoying thing is i dont think it will be released at many cinemas in UK, if any at all!
    THANKFULLY the DVD is avaiable on Play.com as from end of september!

If you love movies i reckon this is definately one to check out!

www.tanuki-goten.com

(it takes some tricky navigation as everythings in japanese, but eventually i found the trailer... which is also in japanese lol but the film is visually stunning! AND music sounds good)

ReputationRep:
    Why is Zhang Ziyi suddenly taking on the mantle of ALL the Japanese female leads? It's not as if there aren't any good Japanese actresses.

ReputationRep:
    well thats what i was thinking!!!! perhaps its to attract an international audience now that she is well known...

ReputationRep:
    I have a feeling you're right. It's ridiculous - she doesn't even look Japanese.

Memoirs of a Geisha had practically an all Chinese cast, what with Michelle Yeoh AND Ziyi. Well, perhaps that's an exaggeration, but it's still 2 more Chinese people than you'd be likely to find working as high rank geishas in pre-war Japan...

ReputationRep:
    true true............ although in Princess Raccoon, alot of her lines are in Chinese, so she can kindof get away with it, cus shes not completely masquerading as a Japanese person!

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.