Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    you say 'oh well ive started smoking again' but then you say 'i havent smoked yet'. Well it looks like you've already made up your mind...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Oh well...I'm smoking again. and it just doesnt make sense [or does it?].
    i am on a diet
    i ve been working out a lot
    i have been having loads of stress due to workload
    plus my girlfriend and I are going thru a rough patch.

I used to smoke 3 years ago and i ve been wanting a cigarette so much lately...i havent smoked yet but i am on my way to get some cigarettes from the local 24h..why? arg!
    Try quitting again. The main difference between those who manage to quit permanently and those who do not is that the former do not give up. If you have not already bought the cigarettes I would suggest you don't do it. If the health risks and price is not enough of a motivation, consider that your senses will improve. In particular your sense of smell will be much better if you stop smoking. Would be a bit of a shame if you lost the ability to smell your girlfriend, no?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Talya)
    You don't get new lungs every 3 weeks though :eek:

Stooooop!
    Wow

It would be cool if you did! though you might have trouble breathing whilst they were re-growing :s:
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    Lungs regrowing? Thats just freaky. If you wanna stop and you have a conscience... think of all the non smokers who are choking on your cigarette smoke and the fact that your breath will smell like an ash tray. NOw aint that attractive?

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 15, 2006
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.