Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I did a headstart course in 2005 at Durham University, it was really good fun in that we did lots of practical hands on design (making amphibious vehicles out of coke cans and plastic etc). We also did industrial visits. It was an alternative to an open day visit for me (looking round the department and town) and gave me a proper taste of the uni experiance, ie living and eating in halls for a few days, meeting loads of new people.

Nightlife-headstart courses are for Y12s ie majority of people are under 18. It probably depends on where the course is, but we went out bowling etc and got some free time in the evenings in town (they told us specifically which pub they would be in). There was a curfew though and you had to sign a behaviour agreement. Basically as long as you didn't get wasted, ask for trouble you were fine.

I wouldn't say that it made a huge difference to my chances of getting in to uni, more that it helped clarify that engineering was what I wanted to do.

ReputationRep:
    When applying, you're given the option to put down up to 5 different uni's where you'd like to go for the course.

I live in Bristol, and am thinking of going to Bristol Uni, so it would be great to go there for a headstart course.

But if I only put down one course, what are my chances of actually getting selected?

ReputationRep:
    i got my first choice which cause I said I wanted to go there. We were allowed out every night till 10.30-11.30 i think? at imperial

Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.