Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Can anyone give an idea of how much these cost? Preferably in £s please.

ReputationRep:
    have a look on ebay; i paid about 20 quid.

ReputationRep:
    Out of interest, why do people want their teeth whitened?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JitsuCol)
    Out of interest, why do people want their teeth whitened?
    Seriously?

Haha, typical Brit.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dede)
    Seriously?

Haha, typical Brit.
    Typical American. Go eat some lard dede.

ReputationRep:
    American idea, they also bleach their ar**holes for 'cleanliness' and think that plastic surgery is a healthy way to 'keep in shape'

But they are clever, really.

ReputationRep:
    i want white teeth

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Straas)
    But they are clever, really.
    Americans? You must be kidding.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bis)
    Typical American. Go eat some lard dede.
    I've already eaten my lard quota for the day. It's mandatory, you know.

White teeth rock. Crest Whitestrips can really help some of you poor, suffering Brits. :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dede)
    White teeth rock. Crest Whitestrips can really help some of you poor, suffering Brits. :p:
    Oh, what the hell, I'm ordering some from eBay. I've waited about 5 years for them to be available in England and I'm not waiting any longer!

ReputationRep:
    20 pounds is pretty steep though, see if you can pay less. I'm not actually sure how expensive they are, I've never personally used them - but friends rave!

When are they meant to be available in the UK?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dede)
    Seriously?

Haha, typical Brit.
    Seriously. Why bother repeatedly faking your image. Surely you can't be so insecure to think that whitening your teeth makes any difference. Just brush properly :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    I've used them before and have a partially used box in the bathroom. They work fabulously but I have a false tooth at the front (it got knocked out about a decade ago so had to get a flase one ) so it can look a bit silly when all the other teeth are whiter!

ReputationRep:
    Do they bleach your teeth to your natural whiteness (i.e. just get rid of stains) or actually do something useful?

ReputationRep:
    i think it just gets rid of staining; it's more cosmetic than hygenic.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by silence)
    i think it just gets rid of staining; it's more cosmetic than hygenic.
    Ah no I meant do they make your teeth whiter than they naturally would be, proper bleaching, instead of just doing what whitening toothpaste does. Meh. My teeth are crap.

ReputationRep:
    how long do you leave them on for?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pikaboo)
    Ah no I meant do they make your teeth whiter than they naturally would be, proper bleaching, instead of just doing what whitening toothpaste does. Meh. My teeth are crap.
    oo, it's hard to say because my teeth were relatively normal before. they do bleach, well they must do because they contain hydrogen peroxide. i think that it bleeches, but not to a ridiculous shade of white.. i know what you mean now. i'd say that it artificially bleaches the teeth a natural shade of white?

ReputationRep:
    some people's teeth will probably never go as white as the want. a lot of people just have naturally cream teeth.

ReputationRep:
    I've also used these and my teeth were never particularly white, no matter how much whitening toothpaste I used, but I've seen such a big difference. They're whiter than they've ever been, would definitely recommend them!

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 21, 2006

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.