Juno
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by uzi123)
He's right you know.......
Juno is a girl. Do I need to put that back in my sig?
Lofty
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 13 years ago
(Original post by Juno)
My point is as soon as your saw he'd paid too much, you knew or should have known it was a scam. Therefore, you shouldn't've gone through with it.
By which point it would have been too late anyway though.

If i had sent him back the money, then he could still have initiated a chargeback on the money he had originally sent me. IE that way i would have lost £230 twice. This is something i have already discussed with the paypal reps, although in fairness they are a bit crap at sorting out problems, quite happy to agree with you but never seem to do anything about it.

Shame really, Paypal is a great idea, but as has been proved too many times, far too easy for scammers to get their way.
uzi786
Badges: 9
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by Juno)
Juno is a girl. Do I need to put that back in my sig?
Oops, sorry, I thought it was Mark!
Juno
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by uzi123)
Oops, sorry, I thought it was Mark!
No, Mark has his own account called juueru_chou. But no one can spell that. I think I'll put in a request to change his name to "stupid" to see if it's approved.
uzi786
Badges: 9
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by Juno)
No, Mark has his own account called juueru_chou. But no one can spell that. I think I'll put in a request to change his name to "stupid" to see if it's approved.
Ohkaaaaaaaay then! Lol

Anyways, if I ever thought that someone was trying to scam me, I just wouldnt send the item. Someone tried scamming me on Gumtree trying to find out my Bank Details and Address :eek:
Juno
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by Lofty)
By which point it would have been too late anyway though.

If i had sent him back the money, then he could still have initiated a chargeback on the money he had originally sent me. IE that way i would have lost £230 twice. This is something i have already discussed with the paypal reps, although in fairness they are a bit crap at sorting out problems, quite happy to agree with you but never seem to do anything about it.

Shame really, Paypal is a great idea, but as has been proved too many times, far too easy for scammers to get their way.
Nope. You can refund the money, and then he can't do a chargeback. There's a special little button for it.

And anyway, if you had backed out, you wouldn't've sent the phone and he had done a chargeback, you wouldn't have lost anything :confused:
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you ever signed up for an open day and then not gone to it?

Yes (62)
46.27%
No (72)
53.73%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise