The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

egg cups and a chesse grater! although we discovered that a wine glass with kitchen towel can work as an egg cup its just not the same!
crash_landed
egg cups and a chesse grater! although we discovered that a wine glass with kitchen towel can work as an egg cup its just not the same!

Shot glasses are ideal as egg cup holders, tried, tested and recommended!

With reference to laptops in lectures, I don't think I've seen anyone with a laptop in a lecture actually doing work. They're either on ebay or addictinggames.com. One guy on my course pretty much runs his business from lectures on his laptop!
My solitary egg cup is out of a Christmas cracker, so if you forget one and can wait until Christmas you might be lucky like me and win one in a cracker :biggrin:
crash_landed

So can the upturned lid of a fabric softener bottle :biggrin:

I forgot the cable to connect my iPod to my computer. I found though I took loads more stuff than I actually needed and have been carting bits and pieces back every vacation to save me overloading the car in June :biggrin:
Reply 24
Sometimes i think i forgot my brain. oh yes.
Reply 25
Grrr, my family doesn't have a car.
i forgot to take coat hangers, a hot water bottle, an umbrella (which i later found out i was gonna really really really need), my brain, and more importantly/stupidly i forgot to take my mobile phone charger :rolleyes:
Reply 27
I know i am going to forget soo much!
I remembered my Gamecube...But forgot all the games. Go me.
Reply 29
Oh I am such a tard, am so obviously going to forget coathangers:rolleyes:
I'll deffo bring my laptop, but don't think I'll ever use it in lectures, it's too much hassle for that (plus the cooling fan would really irritate me).
I couldn't have done without my laptop in 2nd and 3rd year, but could have easily managed it first year.

I forgot:
*Batteries for remote control for new portable CD player
*An extension cable / multi-plug thing - too many plugs and not enough sockets
*Ariel for TV
lucky I don't need hot water bottles or coathangers, since they seem to be the most forgotten thing. Wouldn't know what to do with one anyway, too scientific for me! :p:
Reply 32
dogtanian
I'm using a laptop right now...

I know what the keyboard sounds like.

I also know that a bunch of people all tapping on a laptop keyboard in the same room can grate..

The majority of laptops are a lot softer sounding than the average computer keyboard.

And the chances of every single person in the lecture theatre using a laptop are? A few people using a laptop in a lecture has little effect, as evidenced by my experience.
I forgot my bath mat. Well, actually I didn't think I'd need one. And then I wanted one, so I got one... and my friends hold it against me and laugh at me because of it.
Reply 34
I dont think I forgot anything! But that was probably because I was uber organised and wrote about a bazillion lists heh :biggrin:

My flatmate however forgot most things. She forgot her plates and cutlery and half her clothes :rolleyes:
Reply 35
Coat hangers, I can guarantee that I would forget that without reading this thread.
popsical
The majority of laptops are a lot softer sounding than the average computer keyboard.

And the chances of every single person in the lecture theatre using a laptop are? A few people using a laptop in a lecture has little effect, as evidenced by my experience.

I know that very few people do use a laptop.

But I can see why a lecturer would want to discourage more and more people using them in the lecture. Because they are getting more popular.

that, and the possiblilities for distraction, of course.

And like I said before, I know what a laptop keyboard sounds like. Enough of them would get annoying.
Plus some people proper smack the keys. When me and my friend use our laptops in the same room we have to turn the tv up because she bangs the keys so hard.
Reply 38
Heh, I must be an absolute geek. I am compiling a (comprehensive :p:) list of what-i'll-need-to-bring even though it's only April & Uni is not for another five months :rolleyes:
^ Hey, you are not alone! That's not being geek, that's being exited!!!! I can spoil your fun by giving you a link to a place where every item you could possibly need to take.... But if you enjoy making lists (like I do, in a geeky way), don't click here http://www.studential.com/checklist/. There you go :smile:

Latest

Trending

Trending