celticfcz
Badges: 0
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by latentcorpse)
this years AH maths promises to be a bad boy after last years' scoosh!
i hate it when that happens and you know your year will be the hard one!
Dhesi
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by latentcorpse)
this years AH maths promises to be a bad boy after last years' scoosh!
Personally I dont think it works that way.
Acaila
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
I thought last years maths was really difficulty in comparison to past papers!
NathanM
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by Dhesi)
Nah, I dont think it does either...the SQA wouldn't deliberately give an easy paper followed by an extremely hard one...besides, the papers are made up 2-3 years in advance anyway

I was doing a Biology pretest for the 2008 exam a couple of weeks ago
Dhesi
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by NathanM)
Nah, I dont think it does either...the SQA wouldn't deliberately give an easy paper followed by an extremely hard one...besides, the papers are made up 2-3 years in advance anyway

I was doing a Biology pretest for the 2008 exam a couple of weeks ago
Exactly.
yossarianlives
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by Dhesi)
Yeah, I disagree with that theory because it just isn't fair.

However, last years Higher Maths paper was rather easy...
NathanM
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
yeah, we're doing it in class just now....it's pretty straight forward
BlueRoses
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
At my school with all the topic tests and prelims we have 70% is a 1 and 50% is a 2. If it's 75% I really shouldn't be doing Higher physics next year... but now I want to. And I got 93% in the 2nd prelim so who cares?!
NathanM
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
it varies from school to school, and year to year in the final exam...the general boundaries for standard grades are:

2- 48-52%
1- 68-72%

but like i said, it varies...check out the SQA statistics on their website and then compare what you got in the relevant past paper to their cut-offs
BlueRoses
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Aww Nathan your such a mine of information

Can anybody tell me the point (not that i'm complaining) of giving us SG people exam leave til the 5th June, when we've all finished out exams waaaay before then?
Dhesi
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Its because the highers finish may 30th and we need a little time off too lol. just so everyone goes back at the same time.
BlueRoses
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Thanks

I knew there were still Highers going on, I don't see why we get the time off though... shut up, shut up!

I'm just all panicky cos I can't find any pens.
NathanM
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Aww Nathan your such a mine of information
yeah...just a shame the SQA havent come up with the Higher Useless Information exam yet I'd be garunteed an A

Can anybody tell me the point (not that i'm complaining) of giving us SG people exam leave til the 5th June, when we've all finished out exams waaaay before then?
I think that's just so that the school has time to make up new timetables, etc and also to give the higher still candidates a little break
Euan_hmfc
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
yeah...just a shame the SQA havent come up with the Higher Useless Information exam yet I'd be garunteed an A

I think that's just so that the school has time to make up new timetables, etc and also to give the higher still candidates a little break
I believe my school is only on exam leave 'till the 2nd of June. I guess exam leave is not made by the SQA but instead by the schools themselves.

I actually have an exam on the first of June so I don't get much of a "break!"
NathanM
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
no, study leave isnt compulsary...the school is only obliged to give you the 24 hours before the exam to prepare...so the school gives you a little break at the end just out of the goodness of their heart
Euan_hmfc
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
no, study leave isnt compulsary...the school is only obliged to give you the 24 hours before the exam to prepare...so the school gives you a little break at the end just out of the goodness of their heart
Aye, the people in 5th year are working up 'till the day before their English exam. Unlucky for them eh!

(Doesn't realise this will happen to me next year as well!)
NathanM
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
we finish on wednesday afternoon, but i don't have an english exam to worry about, so it doesnt bother me all that much when we finish next week

We had the try your hardest, arrive on plenty of time, etc, etc assembly today...what a waste of ****ing time :grr:
Dhesi
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by Euan_hmfc)
Aye, the people in 5th year are working up 'till the day before their English exam. Unlucky for them eh!

(Doesn't realise this will happen to me next year as well!)
Yeah, its good to keep the momentum going though. I think its a good idea on the schools part means we all get the most input possible before our exams yet we still get one full day before english to prepare.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• The University of Law
    Solicitor Series: Assessing Trainee Skills – LPC, GDL and MA Law - Guildford campus Postgraduate
    Wed, 29 Jan '20
  • Nottingham Trent University
    Postgraduate Open Day Postgraduate
    Wed, 29 Jan '20
  • University of Groningen
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 31 Jan '20

What's stopping you doing a masters?

It's too expensive (57)
23.55%
My career doesn't need one (33)
13.64%