Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by latentcorpse)
    this years AH maths promises to be a bad boy after last years' scoosh!
    i hate it when that happens and you know your year will be the hard one!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by latentcorpse)
    this years AH maths promises to be a bad boy after last years' scoosh!
    Personally I dont think it works that way.

ReputationRep:
    I thought last years maths was really difficulty in comparison to past papers!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dhesi)
    Nah, I dont think it does either...the SQA wouldn't deliberately give an easy paper followed by an extremely hard one...besides, the papers are made up 2-3 years in advance anyway

I was doing a Biology pretest for the 2008 exam a couple of weeks ago

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NathanM)
    Nah, I dont think it does either...the SQA wouldn't deliberately give an easy paper followed by an extremely hard one...besides, the papers are made up 2-3 years in advance anyway

I was doing a Biology pretest for the 2008 exam a couple of weeks ago
    Exactly.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dhesi)
    Yeah, I disagree with that theory because it just isn't fair.

However, last years Higher Maths paper was rather easy...

ReputationRep:
    yeah, we're doing it in class just now....it's pretty straight forward

ReputationRep:
    At my school with all the topic tests and prelims we have 70% is a 1 and 50% is a 2. If it's 75% I really shouldn't be doing Higher physics next year... but now I want to. And I got 93% in the 2nd prelim so who cares?!

ReputationRep:
    it varies from school to school, and year to year in the final exam...the general boundaries for standard grades are:

2- 48-52%
    1- 68-72%

but like i said, it varies...check out the SQA statistics on their website and then compare what you got in the relevant past paper to their cut-offs

ReputationRep:
    Aww Nathan your such a mine of information

Can anybody tell me the point (not that i'm complaining) of giving us SG people exam leave til the 5th June, when we've all finished out exams waaaay before then?

ReputationRep:
    Its because the highers finish may 30th and we need a little time off too lol. just so everyone goes back at the same time.

ReputationRep:
    Thanks

I knew there were still Highers going on, I don't see why we get the time off though... shut up, shut up!

I'm just all panicky cos I can't find any pens.

ReputationRep:
    Aww Nathan your such a mine of information
    yeah...just a shame the SQA havent come up with the Higher Useless Information exam yet I'd be garunteed an A

Can anybody tell me the point (not that i'm complaining) of giving us SG people exam leave til the 5th June, when we've all finished out exams waaaay before then?
    I think that's just so that the school has time to make up new timetables, etc and also to give the higher still candidates a little break

ReputationRep:
    yeah...just a shame the SQA havent come up with the Higher Useless Information exam yet I'd be garunteed an A

I think that's just so that the school has time to make up new timetables, etc and also to give the higher still candidates a little break
    I believe my school is only on exam leave 'till the 2nd of June. I guess exam leave is not made by the SQA but instead by the schools themselves.

I actually have an exam on the first of June so I don't get much of a "break!"

ReputationRep:
    no, study leave isnt compulsary...the school is only obliged to give you the 24 hours before the exam to prepare...so the school gives you a little break at the end just out of the goodness of their heart

ReputationRep:
    no, study leave isnt compulsary...the school is only obliged to give you the 24 hours before the exam to prepare...so the school gives you a little break at the end just out of the goodness of their heart
    Aye, the people in 5th year are working up 'till the day before their English exam. Unlucky for them eh!

(Doesn't realise this will happen to me next year as well!)

ReputationRep:
    we finish on wednesday afternoon, but i don't have an english exam to worry about, so it doesnt bother me all that much when we finish next week

We had the try your hardest, arrive on plenty of time, etc, etc assembly today...what a waste of ****ing time :grr:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Euan_hmfc)
    Aye, the people in 5th year are working up 'till the day before their English exam. Unlucky for them eh!

(Doesn't realise this will happen to me next year as well!)
    Yeah, its good to keep the momentum going though. I think its a good idea on the schools part means we all get the most input possible before our exams yet we still get one full day before english to prepare.

Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?
Applying to university
Uni match

Find your perfect match

Our tool will help you find the perfect uni course for you

Make your revision easier

Study Help rules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.