Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

oxford college choice watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by zerocool)
    thanks for your sympathy

wadham - fingers crossed - I heard they have really good parties there
    & Prof. Sussman is a member...he interviewed me & encouraged me to go for the MBA, so I think it would be quite useful to have him around - although most of the current MBA students told me that he can be a prick...
    I think Wadham seems great. I think if you already know a Prof there from your interview then it would be great to reinforce that.

So what if he can be a prick... He obviously wasn't to you. Most times when someone calls another person that they don't agree with them/have had some harsh truths from that person.

We'll find out first choice on Friday. Anyway, you might be one of those people filling up Trinity - they just haven't told you yet!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by passthesaltplease)
    I think Wadham seems great. I think if you already know a Prof there from your interview then it would be great to reinforce that.

So what if he can be a prick... He obviously wasn't to you. Most times when someone calls another person that they don't agree with them/have had some harsh truths from that person.

We'll find out first choice on Friday. Anyway, you might be one of those people filling up Trinity - they just haven't told you yet!
    right, the prof knowing me could be a real advantage, especially because he seemed to like my profile...

and actually i don't really care whether he's a prick or not...in the interview he was a tough guy, but he seemed fair, so i figured it would be good to have s.o. like him around

ReputationRep:
    We'll find out first choice colleges Friday?? I didn't know there was any regular timetable...

Good luck to y'all!

ReputationRep:
    Yep, for GF3 1st choice college decision is by Friday (21st April) and allocation is by 19th May, For GF4 its 9 June and 14 Jul.

Its in the Notes of Guidance for Applicants Booklet.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Elles)
    tis still only 0th week! & admin staff seem to be catching up after the bank holiday...

anyhow - got my departmental offer in january & still haven't had college confirmed, grrr.
    I take it you've been in touch with Admissions as allocation was due on the 24th of March for January offers. They apparently will keep you informed if you are one of the exceptions to the admissions timetable.

ReputationRep:
    Hmm, no we haven't actually.

Though my application might be outside of that timetable? (Technically I'm staying on the same course, but changing departments & so had to reapply to the new department - Clinical Medicine.)

But if there's a normal timeline then i might go & point that out to our Grad Admissions staff! :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Elles)
    Hmm, no we haven't actually.

Though my application might be outside of that timetable? (Technically I'm staying on the same course, but changing departments & so had to reapply to the new department - Clinical Medicine.)

But if there's a normal timeline then i might go & point that out to our Grad Admissions staff! :p:
    I would...it can't hurt to put a firecracker up their bums.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by passthesaltplease)
    I would...it can't hurt to put a firecracker up their bums.
    That's a matter of opinion. Methane anyone...

ReputationRep:
    So what about this college? Anyone heard anything? I'm still waiting, and getting a bit tired of doing so, to be honest, so I emailed the admissions tutor at Trinity to find out how long I'm going to have to wait before they say "sorry! we didn't have space!".

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kalen)
    So what about this college? Anyone heard anything? I'm still waiting, and getting a bit tired of doing so, to be honest, so I emailed the admissions tutor at Trinity to find out how long I'm going to have to wait before they say "sorry! we didn't have space!".
    admissions for the MBA program told me that Trinity already has filled up its places for Postgrads...

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, just got an email saying "sorry but we couldn't offer you a place". Bummer! I'm going to have to wait for my second choice now...

ReputationRep:
    Apparently the one key person who needs to decide on my application at my first choice is away on a dig....So I wait, but the good news is they haven't said no because of it.

What's your 2nd choice Kalen?

ReputationRep:
    Magdalen. Lol, I know, a bit weird for a second choice, but they have a huge grad community and lots of Psychology fellows. I've always had a soft spot for Trinity, though, that's why I put it as my first choice :p:

ReputationRep:
    they sent some letters out yesterday...

ReputationRep:
    Lol, should I cross my fingers then? I'm tired of waiting!! Assuming I got accepted, though, how long does it take for a letter to reach Wolfson? :confused:

ReputationRep:
    Kalen - what course you applied to do mate?

ReputationRep:
    DPhil in Experimental Psychology... hehe, am I predictable? :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kalen)
    DPhil in Experimental Psychology... hehe, am I predictable? :p:
    Oh! Who would your supervisor be? My best friend was doing her D.Phil in ExPsy...

ReputationRep:
    Charles Spence

ReputationRep:
    My friend was with **** Passingham.

Poll
Do you like carrot cake?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.