Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Appologies if that sounded condescending, by the way, I didn't mean it.

if I ever get time, I'll read it. But seeing as I have revision (read- learning...) for prelims at the moment and then a hectic term I may not have time...

Looks like I may Amazon it after all!

ReputationRep:
    Hello everyone,

Thanks again for all your replies, I really appreciate them. I just wanted to say that the book really isn't any kind of statement about class, or anything like that. It is simply a story based largely on my first year at Cambridge, and as such part of the story is simply a reflection of my fears of going to a place where I didn't feel I would fit in.

One of my main reasons for writing the book was to try to show people that Cambridge isn't at all like the image often portrayed in the press or in the tales people tend to hear. Choosing to accept my offer and go to Cambridge was probably the best descision I have ever made, and I had the time of my life there, and indeed another reason for writing the book was that I missed the place so much, however sad that may sound.

Thanks again for your replies, and if you do decide to read the book, I really hope you enjoy it
    Craig

ReputationRep:
    Now I only wish someone would write a similar book for Oxford!

Well done Craig.

ReputationRep:
    "Brideshead Revisited"?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FadeToBlackout)
    "Brideshead Revisited"?
    Hahaha.

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.