Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Cleaning your laptop screen. watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    niceday do screenwipes..but they smell all chemically :| and after a while the roll dries out :|

ReputationRep:
    ^^ IMO that's why it's better to get individually wrapped wipes rather than a tub.

ReputationRep:
    yeah i know but work buys them in bulk..tis cheaper

my screen's still really dirty though. it was like this when we moved offices n it's supposed to be new :| i want to clean it (i have done like 100 times already :|) but i'm scared i'll break the screen or something if i apply too much pressure n im not paying for a new computer for them :|

ReputationRep:
    If you have stuck on grease or anythin that is stuck on then you could try lying toe screen flat and then using some kind of glass cleaner. Spray some on the affected area and then leave it to soak for a little bit and then wipe it off. Dont absoultly sak the screen though as it may end up running down at the edge and into the electronics at the back.

If its just dust you are trying to get rid of then make sure you use a microfibre (or other non lint) cloth and that should help keep dust off the screen. I used some anti dirt spray glass spray a few days ago and so far it seems to be keeping the dust and other bits and pieces off. I find the worst thing in the office is there is loads of dust or white fibres from paper as we get through about 1000 sheets a week. I think the best thing is just to try and clean it every few days and so not let anything build up.

ReputationRep:
    Don't use solvents, fiberous clothes, or clothes that may create static, the best kits are made by a company called Diclomax, in terms of value for money at any rate

Poll
Do you like carrot cake?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.