Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sayed_samed)
    The thing is, im going to have a problem with cooking as i eat halal meat and pork is poison to me.....can i bring my own pots and pans OR do you have to bring your own anyway? Esp. when putting meat in the fringe, i have to try and avoid mine being contaminated so i can i bring my own freezer and fridge.... Or is it not allowed? Can i bring my house cook, as i think it would be easier that way and my house maid?
    I doubt it, they'd be considered to be a fire hazard :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The Mudman)
    I doubt it, they'd be considered to be a fire hazard :p:
    Lol i will just bring my mummy! I can get her to rent a flat so she can do all the cooking and cleaning................. i wish! Its a good job my mum is computer illerate otherwise i would get a slap for that! :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sayed_samed)
    The thing is, im going to have a problem with cooking as i eat halal meat and pork is poison to me.....can i bring my own pots and pans OR do you have to bring your own anyway? Esp. when putting meat in the fringe, i have to try and avoid mine being contaminated so i can i bring my own freezer and fridge.... Or is it not allowed? Can i bring my house cook, as i think it would be easier that way and my house maid?
    You need to bring nearly EVERYTHING you'd need if you were living on your own with a kitchen- i.e a full set of pots and pans, chopping boards, knives, etc etc.

I'm sure if in Freshers week if you sat down and told all of your flat mates that it's really important to you that your food doesn't get contaminated then they would be more than fine with that. Like someone said earlier, there should be enough for a shelf just for you, and if you ask for the top one it means no other food has a chance to touch yours.

I really REALLY wouldn't recommend taking a fridge/freezer of your own- a) There will be very little space and b) they make a LOT of noise and trying to get to sleep with one of those things around is a nightmare.

ReputationRep:
    answer to that is...no you cant take a freezer but you can have a mini fridge in your room, but really im sure there wont be a problem with stuff

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: April 15, 2006
Poll
Are you going to a festival?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.