Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Rice crispie cake! :p:

ReputationRep:
    Basically just look out for deals - if you shop for fruit and veg in a market and get the rest of your food on deals (or sainsbury's basics or whatever) then you can do a load of shopping really cheaply and you'll have more than enough food. I'm a veggie so I guess it's even cheaper for me. There are of course a few things I make sure I always have:

Pasta
    Rice
    Fresh Tomatoes
    Tinned Tomatoes
    Beans (like kidney beans or haricot beans)
    A loaf of bread
    Uber-Strong Cheddar
    Goats Cheese
    Peanut Butter
    A Sainsbury's Basics Pizza (a bit minging but good and cheap)
    crackers
    2 bottles of wine
    olive oil
    balsamic vinegar.
    loads of herbs and spices

Once you have all that stuff you can cook so much with just one or two extra ingredients.

MB

ReputationRep:
    I am actually a decent cook but as someone else said I find it really really boring to cook only for one person. So I wouldn't mind if someone did the food shopping and i cooked something nice [on the weekends]. right now, am living on my own and i usually cook for myself. My diet at Uni will be something like this.

Rice with vegetables + salad
    Pasta with tomato sauce + salad
    Tuna+corn+salad plus bread
    Fish + salad + bread x 2
    Black eyed peas [am serious] with spinach leaves
    vegetarian pizza

Dinners: bread and cheese and salad, vegetarian pizza, a little pasta salad..

[this is what i eat now, anyway]

of course it all depends on time. if i have more time [and money] i ll cook much better things.

You really ought to avoid microwave meals, ready made stuff etc --> yuck

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fairycakes)
    hey, no1s mentioned the sizzle and stir things or the sauces where u just buy the meat, cook and add the sauce, u can get curries, sweet and sour etc etc
    (sorry if any1 has mentioned it...i scan read the thread)
    xx
    They can get expensive though, if you're using a jar/packet for each meal. In the long run it's cheaper to learn how to make sauces in bulk...

Poll
Are you going to a festival?
Useful resources
Uni match

Applying to uni?

Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Articles:

Debate and current affairs guidelinesDebate and current affairs wiki

Quick link:

Educational debate unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.