Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
Turn on thread page Beta

What's your fav perfume and how did you pick it? watch

ReputationRep:
    Fave's ever are Dior J'Adore as it smells very sexy and YSL Vice Versa which unfortunately they don't do anymore..it was very fruity but quite sweet and sultry all at the same time.

Currently daywear is mainly Clinique Happy, I'm sure it improves my mood and it smells very fresh. Otherwise a new discovery is Hugo Pure Purple which replaced my last bottle of Deep Red. For evenings I either wear Pure Purple or J'adore but I need more J'adore for my birthday!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by viciouscircle)
    I heard that Stella McCartney's 'Stella' is gorgeous but haven't tried it myself. Anyone use it? :confused:
    Mmm, yes, one of my favourites. I go through bottles of the stuff, well worth the investment.

My signature smell is probably 'Pure Poison' by Dior, I wear it religiously and everyone always says it reminds them of me!

My other favourites are 'Chanel No.5' and 'Coco Madamoiselle', both my Chanel, but the price tag reflects the chicness! Also 'Deep Red' by Hugo, 'Envy' by Gucci, and 'J'adore' by Dior.

ReputationRep:
    i wear deep red on most evenings out(smelt it on a friend)
    i have the sarah jessia parker-lovely perfume, which i will use loads in summer
    for a day fragrance at work, i use the bodyshop-moonflower. its light(im not supposed to use perfume etc at work) but still makes me smell good

ReputationRep:
    gucci rush is my favourite night time scent, i have been wearing it since i was 17, i cant remember why i picked it but now it just smells of me.

i like fruity or coconuty smells for the daytime, like the limited editions that escada bring out. i like the ibiza hippy one a couple of years back, i was in the airport and this really camp american assistant in duty free came up to me saying "oh you gotta try this its so fruity" and it was very nice, and he was saying it suits me cause i look exotic so i bought it. i am a sucker. but i loved it though. alas it was limited edition. if i cant find another "day" perfume i like i wear body shop coconut body butter and body oil, which smell gorgeous. i have always loved the smell of coconut and once i was wearing it and someone said they wanted to eat me, which was nice.

ReputationRep:
    The one I liked in Duty Free is called Miss Dior Cherie I'm off to House of Fraser to have another whiff to see if it's "me"

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone tried Britney Spears frangrance Fantasy? Its lovely.

ReputationRep:
    Dior Pure Poison
    DKNY Be Delicious
    Versace Woman

ReputationRep:
    Lacoste Touch of Pink- it just smells 'pink' if you get me, and that kinda sums me up. And Dolce et Gabana Light Blue, but don't wear that as often. Also really like the Ana Sui Dolly one, but haven't had the guts to buy it cos it's quite unusual and I think I'll go off it! Although every time I smell it in a shop I still like it, hmm...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Vixen)
    Has anyone tried Britney Spears frangrance Fantasy? Its lovely.
    Oh yeh I tried the free sample from her website but thought it was hideous lol.. way too sickly

ReputationRep:
    Ralph by Ralph Lauren and Amore Amore by Cacharel, mm

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tarts_n_Vicars)
    The one I liked in Duty Free is called Miss Dior Cherie I'm off to House of Fraser to have another whiff to see if it's "me"
    If that's the one I think it is then it's awesome and I really want a bottle... (Thanks for reminding me!)

I really like Agent Provocateur and Emporio Armarni Night; most Calvin Klein fragrances are great too.

ReputationRep:
    i love touch of pink, ralph and deep red.

but 1 of my fave's is definately maybe baby by benefit. it smells gorgeous!

ReputationRep:
    i like chance and coco mademoiselle by chanel, gucci rush and armani white. i wanted something sophisticated and fresh which i think the chanel ones are. chance is perfectly light..something musky and sexy, hence gucci rush and something 'different' which i think armani white is.

signature scents: chance for day, gucci rush for night

i'm not usually a fan of the heavier, stronger perfumes like dior poison and chanel no.5 but i love testing them over and over again everytime i'm in a perfume section

ReputationRep:
    I have a few that i like actually depending whether it's day time or night time usage.Stella McCartney for night and Agua De loewe for day are my current favourite.

ReputationRep:
    whats that pink gucci one called?

ReputationRep:
    i'm pretty well known for wearing deep red by hugo boss and ghost (the original one on the blue bottle)

both are lovely

ReputationRep:
    i love Hugo Deep Red for the evening, but my signature smell for the daytime is 'I Love Love' from Moschino's cheap and chic range, cos i wear it all the time. but before i discovered it i used to wear D&G Light Blue. they're both a bit similar because they're quite fruity/'citrussy' although the Moschino one has more muskier undertones, and still smells really nice at the end of the day.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by viciouscircle)
    I heard that Stella McCartney's 'Stella' is gorgeous but haven't tried it myself. Anyone use it? :confused:
    Stella is FIT, one of my friends wears it and I always notice how great she smells. I will be investing in some when I can afford it.

I generally wear Ralph Lauren - Romance or Anna Sui - Dolly Girl. Both are quite fresh but Romance is a bit more classic than Dolly Girl.

ReputationRep:
    Lancome ~ Miracle is amaaazing. Found it from a friend who started wearing it, and bought my own Seems to last for ages too which is always good! I also like the blue ralph lauren one, and oh! by moschino is quite nice too

ReputationRep:
    I :love: the pink escada its so sweet, think its called magnetism, its really nice! 212 is nice too!

Poll
“Yanny” or “Laurel”

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.