Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    http://www.unite-students.com/ACCOMM...tsburgh_Court/

Yup

Very very expensive though.

ReputationRep:
    Hey has anyone applied for furniture and product design for second year... or any other course for second year.. I went to my inerview 4 weeks ago and havnt heard anything yet they said three I spoke to the administrator and she said that the last interview is on the 27th april. I thought that the interview went as well as it could have. Just wondering if their making anyone else wait so long for a reply? My tutor says that im either in or on the border line because they would have said straight away if they didnt want me. Im sick of seeing your application has been sent for consideration on ucas lol.. and i really want to go there...

ReputationRep:
    Had a look round the Unite Halls when was in edinburgh few months ago..they seemed nice but compared to a priv renting it is expensive! but apparetnly a lot of 1st year students stay there.... sciennes is sposed to be quite shabby( but i hanvt been for myself!) and a bit further away too.

Might just renting a room close to the college, or do you think I will miss out on the halls social life?

ReputationRep:
    Have you got a place for first or second year?

ReputationRep:
    Hi there,
    i just had my interview for a place in the animation course at the eca. I am restless and can't wait for a reply. The infamous phrase " your application has been sent for consideration" is burnt onto my brain and is driving me nuts. The head of animation said that it should take from 10 days to 2 weeks but a friend of mine has been offered a place in the graphic design course just 3 days after his interview...... OOOOOOOH i just can't wait.
    Has any one applied for animation or the school of visual communication?

ReputationRep:
    same here... i applied for Illustration 2nd year entry and had my interview by phone yesterday. i think it went well. i'll know if it did by next week, hopefully.

ReputationRep:
    2 weeks is so far away!

I've applied to first year studies, hoping to do animation the year after there. I'd love a place, so desperate to hear from them!

ReputationRep:
    So right you are, 2 weeks are so so so far away!
    I think i did well in my interview, or at least i don't think i could have done better ..... well......so i guess i'll stick to this forum for the next couple of weeks.......jeez i sure hope to get a reply any time soon. :eek: :eek: :suitc:

ReputationRep:
    Same...I need to apply for a loan if I get in, so I need to know asap.

Just seems like such an opportunity to study there, the work was amazing on my interview day.

ReputationRep:
    Any replies out yet!? haha another day without any reply.......frustrating isn't it?:eek: :eek: :mad:

ReputationRep:
    I have abnormal curiosity levels with everyday things...this is absolutely killing me!

ReputationRep:
    hey fakeplasticsmee!,

so you live in Edinburgh right? how much would you say the expenses for a student would sum up to per month? i mean excluding accomodation, but considering internet and supplies. Because we're like calculating loans and cost of living.....i'm considering to get a job, would you happen to know about the average pay for regular part time jobs?....take for example a supermarket or a shop in cockburn street?(heheh )

ReputationRep:
    I live in Manchester actually, not sure exactly how much expenses would be, but when I went to Edinburgh last month, prices for general things such as food, etc seemed to be nearly upto London prices. It's not as expensive, but nearly.

I'll definately need a job I think, especially with the accomodation being expensive. I'm not expecting to get a place though so probably won't be a problem for me!

Animation there looks great though, I'll definately be applying next year if I don't get in this year.

ReputationRep:
    Anyone heard anything yet?? I'm still waiting in the dark..... :confused: :mad:

ReputationRep:
    Same! I'm so scared!

ReputationRep:
    Good Luck!

ReputationRep:
    got in! sooo happy! so who else in in for FYS?

ReputationRep:
    Hey well done! waiting is the worst part

ReputationRep:
    Wow, that's great! hope i get mine soooon!? this wait is unbearable:mad:

ReputationRep:
    Oi congrats!!
    i hope we'll know by tomorrow..

i can't seem to do anything until i get to know the damn result.

Poll
Are you going to a festival?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.