Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Is uni as fun as it looks in films? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    You of course have to deal with the varieties of human loathsomeness, which always spoils it and makes it that little harder to have a nice time...

Always seems like you never quite keep your links with the great people, and the *******s prosper a bit too much

ReputationRep:
    Whatever, I'm going to run around campus with a water baloon launcher, attacking different halls from the cover of a bush and the night sky, even if no one else does, and everyone hates me for it!!

(Original post by DanGrover)
    Whatever, I'm going to run around campus with a water baloon launcher, attacking different halls from the cover of a bush and the night sky, even if no one else does, and everyone hates me for it!!
    Haha Aw man, wish I was going Uni of Hertforshire..I would soo join in..sounds fun!

ReputationRep:
    No, oh lord its not. maybe at freshers but after that no. It's so dull at weekends i swear i sometimes almost cry cry and the disco's do not get nay better of you go to a small uni. Plus if you go to a small uni you can not get away with anything.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by drawmeamonkey)
    haha when was the last time you watched hollyoaks!?

mainly relationship stuff, bit of alcoholism, ocd

and yes the occasional sti

oh and the *****ing. and hating people behind their backs, falling out with people, goes on and on

it is fun most of the time though, just don't be expecting it all to be plain sailing!
    Sounds exactly like an all girls school

ReputationRep:
    Films tend to be fictional. So I doubt it..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Profesh)
    If by 'films' you mean 'Scream 2', then yes.
    Ah you used the exact same comparison as I was going to make.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Elements)
    Can't you just stay in and throw a party? Or stay in and do some of your hobbies that you brought along from home with you that doesn't require extra money or any drink?
    I take your point, and i did enjoy the moment in uni life without spending money

but i do think money is a matter

ReputationRep:
    Nothing is as fun as it is on the screen. Take Rumpole and the legal profession as an example.

ReputationRep:
    Sometimes it is, sometimes it isn't.

ReputationRep:
    Its nothing like the movies.

Which is why it was the biggest disappointment in the world to me :p:

Its pretty much just like normal life, except you have to go to lectures, which is a complete pain in the arse.

ReputationRep:
    forgot to say that first year is probably the best year as there are lots of flatmates living in the same corridor, same house etc. Next year its gonna be like 3 or 4 people in the house. And my nice flatmates are gonna live somewhere else far away so I won't be able to just walk into their rooms and mess around like now.

btw, Bath uni is like a boarding school, I swear

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.