Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I accepted mine around early april.

ReputationRep:
    do you mean accept offer as in knowing that u have a conditional offer? i got an email from IC in december knowing that i will be having an offer.

ReputationRep:
    oh i just saw waht you wrote, never mind.

I have another question: Is it possible to do this accommodation thing online? It seems not because otherwise everyone would be doing it, but I don't know. It's boring waiting for the damn forms.

ReputationRep:
    hey
    i was wondering if someone could clarify this:

does a double room (in that brochure) mean a bedroom with two beds in it, or a set with two bedrooms sharing a central sitting/study room

my mate says its the latter but im not sure, could someone tell me?

ReputationRep:
    nope they are all twin rooms, ie one room with two beds, desks etc

ReputationRep:
    Anyone can take a snapshot of their dorm currently? I mean the picture looks great but somehow its always diff when you see it..

ReputationRep:
    lol yeah it's obvious that they'll always try to take a picture of the best room in its best state.

ReputationRep:
    They should take some pictures of the kitchens and toilets on a sunday night when they havn't been cleaned since the Friday, and see how many people want to move in then. You'll be amazed how many people don't clean up after themselves, think toilet tissues live on the floor, and can't differentiate between a recycling bin and a dustbin.

ReputationRep:
    My form hasn't come yet and I accepted it almost 2 months now and I'm getting worried. Anyone accepted it long ago and still hasn't got it yet? When is the deadline for this form, and can you do it online cos my friend said you can (at Manchester)? Please reply.

ReputationRep:
    Universities are independent so no i dont think so..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PoisonRemedy321)
    and can't differentiate between a recycling bin and a dustbin.
    Thats because we don't have recycling bins...

Its the cultural differences of where you put bog roll after you've used it that amuses me.

(for those of you from certain countries outside the UK, here it is perfectly accepted to flush toilet paper down the toilet once you've used it, do not put it in the bin.)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SpiderBoy)

Its the cultural differences of where you put bog roll after you've used it that amuses me.

(for those of you from certain countries outside the UK, here it is perfectly accepted to flush the toilet paper down the toilet once you've used it, do not put it in the bin.)
    corrected

I'll maybe take a pic or two after my exams to show how bad halls can be

ReputationRep:
    Here are a few pics of beit hall, first my room, taken from the corner as you walk in the door. There’s a built in wardrobe to the left out of shot, i've got one of the smaller rooms as its one of the central ones facing the road so part of the pillars stick into two of the rooms on each floor. So most rooms would just be square and the desk against the wall at the end of the bed. the sink and mirror are just out of shot behind the desk. That’s a typical single room, the en-suits are a bit bigger and the twin rooms are about double the size.
    Pic two is the toilet on a good day, pic 3 is a standard shower, 4 is a corridor, 4 toilets and showers and 2 kitchens on each corridor on the south side, east and west are all en-suit. pic 5 is the kitchen on a very good day. Sorry for the poor quality, took them quickly on my phone. Beit hall is generally the best quality hall I think, so that’s as good as your getting. hope that helps you all.
    Attached Images

ReputationRep:
    That's as good as we're getting? :laugh: Thanks for the pics oddjob - Beit is absolutely stunning. I don't think anyone need worry about IC hall quality.

ReputationRep:
    hmmm about the showers..in the prospectus they say bathrroom shared by six to eight students...does that mena there is one shower for those students? this means that you have to wait sometimes for the rest?

about not flushing the toilets etc.. I am thinking about choosing en-suite rooms!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by vitukillo)
    hmmm about the showers..in the prospectus they say bathrroom shared by six to eight students...does that mena there is one shower for those students? this means that you have to wait sometimes for the rest?
    Its just an average , often there is more showers per person. To be honest though I've never really had to wait to use one, It is very very rare that you'll all be trying to go somewhere at the same time and therefore all want to shower at same time after the first week.

ReputationRep:
    thanks for pics oddjob!

ReputationRep:
    see pics of my room - I share a room in Southwell Hall and the last pic is the view outside my window!
    Attached Images

ReputationRep:
    Although Beit has the best location, it isn’t the best hall in terms of quality: Piccadilly court and Orient house are better IMO – all rooms have en suites, and you only share the kitchen with 4-6 people. Each kitchen also has a lounge are with seats and a TV. The rooms are also bigger and you have much larger desks. Having said that, I’d still prefer to live at Beit, as it is so much nearer the college. I would put some pics on here showing my room, but I don’t have a dig camera yet – getting one soon though.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SpiderBoy)
    There are recycling bags in my (first floor) kitchen.

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.