No!
*is better than Kew*
*evilly cackles back*

*Whacks HistoryStudent over head with weighty Music dissertation*
Kew
*Whacks HistoryStudent over head with weighty Music dissertation*

*Returns blow with History dissertation*
Reply 26
I guess kind of, but hes no competition to me, so I don't see it as rivalry anymore. When we were younger definitely.
Reply 27
Yes. I'm a twin, so I haven't been able to escape parents, teachers, relatives, EVERYONE, comparing! Having said that its my little sister who is the most favourite.
Reply 28
I haven't really. But maybe that's because my sisters are really sneaky...:hmmm:
Lol, yes!
yes. I am the oldest of two so I have done most things before my sister does. I know that at school etc she is compared to me by teachers, which probably really winds her up. There are other things though, like she is really sporty (and I'm not really) and people are often going on about her cabinet full of trophies and ask what sports I do etc, and I'm like, errrrr none really! :smile: She is also cleverer than me, like she is doing her KS3 SATS at the moment and is going to do lots better than I did at her age - she loves rubbing that in!
yes. I am the oldest of two so I have done most things before my sister does. I know that at school etc she is compared to me by teachers, which probably really winds her up. There are other things though, like she is really sporty (and I'm not really) and people are often going on about her cabinet full of trophies and ask what sports I do etc, and I'm like, errrrr none really! :smile: She is also cleverer than me, like she is doing her KS3 SATS at the moment and is going to do lots better than I did at her age - she loves rubbing that in!
Reply 32
Me and my brother are polar opposites but cant even be in a room together for 5 minutes without brawling! Appalling considering we're in our mid 20's!
Reply 33
I'm an only child so no I haven't experienced this but I've seen it happen with some of my friends and their siblings. To me it seems like a natural thing.
Reply 34
I won a loong time ago
yes yes yes yes everyone who has a sibling will have at some point experiencced it.....ive had it all my life...for some reason i get this feeling my parents love my brother more lol, ive been like this since i was a mere toddler...lol hmm...
Reply 36
oh yes.
I wish it'd stop sometimes- i dont mind cos i come out top- but don't like to think that my sister always feels as if she's gotta do this like me or better than me.
it used to happen a lot when i was young, especially in school. i hated it when the teachers used to say 'your sister has no problem with that'. now that im a 'bit' older, i'd say that the rivalry is still there but we're not in each others faces anymore. we indirectly say stuff to each other, only in massive arguments does it come out properly :biggrin:
Reply 38
definitely! my sister does medicine so she'll always be the brainer one...she can never be wrong too, so i generally just sit quietly (not a usual characteristic of mine) while her n my little brother (who wants to do medicine) get fawned over! lol
plus, anything im remotely good at, she has to take over! everyone says im a good singer - better than her - but she thinks otherwise! same with dancing! n like my arty subjects! but whatever...im used to it
Reply 39
Yes, and I think it's actually quite normal. Even the "first crime" in the Bible was when Cain killed his brother Abel. Often parents are to blame, favoring one over the other, or turning a blind eye when the jealous/hateful sibling hurts another, citing "but he/she's our child too!" rather than punishing the nasty behavior.

Latest

Trending

Trending