Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The Caretaker)
    i thought this was something you only said to impress on interview day! and please don't tell me you LIKE remembering all the organic and transition metal chemistry?! :eek:
    er.. how do i say this without sounding like a nerd?
    i somehow manage to remember all those organic reactions and transition metal whatsits without too much effort, so i guess i like remembering those things because it just comes to me without a lot of effort!

you won't like things that you find too difficult i guess. however i find maths a nice challenge sometimes so maybe i'm just weird :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SithMaster)
    You people actually find physics easy? :eek:

I only took physics because I thought it would be interesting.

For some unexplained reason, in my college its considered "cool" if you dare embark on that road of discovery :cool: But Im actually finding it the hardest subject of all, and if chemical engineering is crammed with physics, I think I shall probably opt for a maths degree instead... because math is a breeze!
    Plenty of physics in chem engineering, i dont think there's much chemistry though.

I too find physics difficult in parts, the theory is okay but sometimes find it hard to apply. Only doing AS at the moment and pretty sure I'll get an A but i dont think i'll continue to A2.

ReputationRep:
    i think with physics (edexcel syllabus anyway) the AS level was the easiest out of all my subjects as most of the course is just a re-hash of GCSE but at A2 level it has become just as hard as the other sciences (the 2 hour synoptic looks solid!)

shickles> i wouldn't call that nerdy, id call that gifted! how do you remember the nitrate, nitrile and amine reactions??? they make no sense to me at all and each time i sit an exam i just pray that they won't come up on the paper (and so far its worked!)

ReputationRep:
    Shickles, we must meet up :p: It's like speaking to a saner version of myself.

I too find maths a welcome challenge, especially when you get some wierd integral of hyperbolic functions (which Im doing now :p: )

I do further maths too... isnt it great! Its funny but Im actually finding the further pure modules easier than my A2 course. Im doing all 6 modules this summer aswell... so pressures on! Thats the only thing I despise about further maths... there is no resit option for the final year. All or nothing!

Oh and as for the chemistry... it's just a memory game! I think the whole think is a mockery to be perfectly honest... a travesty of British education!! :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Shickles)
    er.. how do i say this without sounding like a nerd?
    i somehow manage to remember all those organic reactions and transition metal whatsits without too much effort, so i guess i like remembering those things because it just comes to me without a lot of effort!

you won't like things that you find too difficult i guess. however i find maths a nice challenge sometimes so maybe i'm just weird :rolleyes:
    Haha it is true, if u like it then it comes naturally. To me economics is a lot easier to remember for the fact that half of it is common sense :p: .

But in my opinion physics in my opinion is a much easier science cause i dont like memorizing.

ReputationRep:
    Chemistry is the easiest by a country mile.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SithMaster)
    Shickles, we must meet up :p: It's like speaking to a saner version of myself.

I too find maths a welcome challenge, especially when you get some wierd integral of hyperbolic functions (which Im doing now :p: )

I do further maths too... isnt it great! Its funny but Im actually finding the further pure modules easier than my A2 course. Im doing all 6 modules this summer aswell... so pressures on! Thats the only thing I despise about further maths... there is no resit option for the final year. All or nothing!
    at least your IC offer doesn't require further maths, mine does! ack!
    and yes, we must meet up! i hope to meet the people on here, i think it'd be quite interesting. hopefully all of us get the required grades

(Original post by The Caretaker)
    shickles> i wouldn't call that nerdy, id call that gifted! how do you remember the nitrate, nitrile and amine reactions??? they make no sense to me at all and each time i sit an exam i just pray that they won't come up on the paper (and so far its worked!)
    i hate nitrogen compounds too, but i have a feeling they're going to have a big question on that this year! so start memorising them already :p:

ReputationRep:
    Wondering if anybody here doing IB?

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.