The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Yes, but Im not sure whether it fits in with the sentence.

1. Marked by speed, liveliness, and vigor; energetic: had a brisk walk in the park.
2. Keen or sharp in speech or manner: a brisk greeting.
3. Stimulating and invigorating: a brisk wind.
4. Pleasantly zestful: a brisk tea.
Reply 21
Hmm. I apoligize for my blunder regarding my edgy linguistic skills. Perhaps a word such as boundary would be more apposite.
Reply 22
Nightowl
Yes, but Im not sure whether it fits in with the sentence.

1. Marked by speed, liveliness, and vigor; energetic: had a brisk walk in the park.
2. Keen or sharp in speech or manner: a brisk greeting.
3. Stimulating and invigorating: a brisk wind.
4. Pleasantly zestful: a brisk tea.

:doh: I knew that!
Lol I think what he meant to use was 'brink' or 'cusp':smile:
ElWilson
they must make Mexico more prosperus and invest more into the Mexican economy
Why? We're not responsible for Mexican welfare.
Reply 24
Singapore sees no need to comment on the internal affirs of the United States.
Malaysia is quite sure that the international/global community would not wish to have another North/South Korea fenced border. However, we will opt to leave this decision to whoever is directly involved in this issue.
How are the situations even vaguely similar?
North and South Korea are not only separated by a fence, they have a bloody great, landmine-filled DMZ between them to hinder any attempts at war. Mexico and the US aren't enemies.
Reply 27
Although they could be if this continues.
Reply 28
Landmines? Now there is an Idea. :biggrin:

Seriously though, if the USA wants to build a fence on their own soil, I see nothing wrong with that, they're halting unlawful trespassing and imigration onto their own land. I see nothing wrong with that. Brazil completely supports the USA's right to build a fence.
The US thanks Brazil for their support.
Reply 30
As I said in an eairlier post, it's is on the USA's land, so it doesn't matter whether it is on the border or in the middle of the Nevada Desert, they have a right to build a great wall of the USA if they like.
Reply 31
Greece feels that U.S need to make it easier for these "illegal-immigrants" to becmore citizens, and make them part of the system. A large part of America's economy is built on these illegal workers, and if the U.S remove them, their economy would collapse.

Also, speaking from a continent point of view, surely the Northern American continent should support all states? As shown in attatched picture; Aztlan dominates.
Reply 32
Brazil does not like to dictate on how a country should run their own immigration laws. And proof please that the economy would collapse if their was no so called 'illegal workers'
This is not a UN matter and the US feels no further need to discuss it here.

Also, the US Rep will be absent till Monday.
Reply 34
It would not collapse, simply stumble. I do not have any statistics, simply knowledge of economic history and how when such a working force is eliminated. Jobs will be cut. And companies' shares will fall; hence the markets; hence the economy.
Reply 35
ElWilson
Greece feels that U.S need to make it easier for these "illegal-immigrants" to becmore citizens, and make them part of the system. A large part of America's economy is built on these illegal workers, and if the U.S remove them, their economy would collapse.

If you don't mean colapse then why did you say it?^o)
Reply 36
Reply 37
China would also not like to discuss this anymore as it is essentially a US internal matter.
Reply 38
Nightowl
China would also not like to discuss this anymore as it is essentially a US internal matter.

México would like to add that it too has nothing more to add. México will continue to give the evil eye to the US.
:hmmm:
Reply 39
Uzbekistan does not believe that this is an issue that the international community should involve itself in as it's a domestic matter of the United States. Uzbekistan hopes that the United States acts consistently and stops meddling in the domestic affairs of other states.