Turn on thread page Beta

what happened (They caught us having sex, now im stuck in his room ) watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    The problem is i do, hes never been this mad at me before. Normally after a good nights sleep he says something that basically means im forgiven... i know this is major, but still, im his son.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Josh4Janey)
    The problem is i do, hes never been this mad at me before. Normally after a good nights sleep he says something that basically means im forgiven... i know this is major, but still, im his son.
    I think it will just be the shock.. once hes realised how serious you both are about each other, he should hopefully see how important it is to u xx

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pretty Boy)
    I don't mean to rain on your parade but I agree with your father.

You've done this completely the wrong way around, in my opinion.

Exactly, in your opinion. I respect everyone's beliefs, religious or not, but it is 2006, plenty of people disagree with waiting til marriage etc. I think they've done everything right - they've been together for 3 years and are in a loving, stable relationship. And it's legal and safe. What's 'wrong' with that?

its annoying when people give a date as a reason for something ~ its like saying Get with it ~ when they mean everyone else is doing it!

thats not a reason!

~~disregarding whatever you were talking about --> just picked up another one of my peeves :P

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mangaroo)
    its annoying when people give a date as a reason for something ~ its like saying Get with it ~ when they mean everyone else is doing it!

thats not a reason!

~~disregarding whatever you were talking about --> just picked up another one of my peeves :P

Sorry to annoy u...

But what I mean is that modern opinions, values, relationships are much more open and liberal. I don't mean everyone's doing it so join in at all, it's a personal choice, especially not up to a 21 year old man's parents!

dont know why people were less open/liberal before...i think you mean people are less willing / caring to wait before they are married before sex.

~ your dad has values that he hoped you continued, you chose not too, fair enough ~ but you can't be mad that he isn't ready to accept it straight away, he has to show his discontent with it to satisfy his morals.

ReputationRep:
    I just think that people should be allowed to lead their lives however they want to. It's not up to anyone else, and yeah so he told his Dad he wouldn't do it, but it could have been so much worse. As for getting engaged young, I know it doesn't always work out but plenty of people stay together for ages. It's not about how romantic this story is (Not very in my opinion) but about how his parents are reacting to something so natural. Yeah, if I was him I'd get my own place, but at least they had the decency to wait til the parents were supposed to be out.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pretty Boy)
    When you live under somebody elses roof and they have brought you up, paid for you, looked after you, shown you love for over 20 years the very least you can do is respect their wishes whilst living under their roof.

I agree they don't own him but he should've respected their trust and if he really wanted to have intercourse (as opposed to the other types of sex that were open to them) THAT badly he should've got a place of his own and been the independent person he wants to be.

Ok, let's agree to disagree. Actually I do agree with you, I just agree with me more, if you know what I mean. You have good points and I really do respect your point of view.

ReputationRep:
    dont know why people were less open/liberal before...i think you mean people are less willing / caring to wait before they are married before sex.
    ~ your dad has values that he hoped you continued, you chose not too, fair enough ~ but you can't be mad that he isn't ready to accept it straight away, he has to show his discontent with it to satisfy his morals.

No, I meant what I said.

I don't think people are 'less caring' at all - sex is, in many people's opinions, an important part of asult relationships. You have to be compatible sexually, I think, to enjoy it properly and if you wait until you're married you might not be! Plus, I think sleeping with someone is the ultimate proof that you really care about them, and I would not marry someone without that, coz it's a big level of commitment, and I think the most meaningful, if it takes place in a meaningful relationship. Plus, it's all part of growing up for lots of people, I just don't see the harm in it!

(Original post by NobodyReally)
    No, I meant what I said.

I don't think people are 'less caring' at all - sex is, in many people's opinions, an important part of asult relationships. You have to be compatible sexually, I think, to enjoy it properly and if you wait until you're married you might not be! Plus, I think sleeping with someone is the ultimate proof that you really care about them, and I would not marry someone without that, coz it's a big level of commitment, and I think the most meaningful, if it takes place in a meaningful relationship. Plus, it's all part of growing up for lots of people, I just don't see the harm in it!

i mean less caring about waiting till they are married.

you mean what i THOUGHT you to mean :P i just didnt say it in a nice way so you disagreed (intentional)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Champagne-Dahling)
    Anyone else have doubts about this story?:cool:
    ]

always sounded like trolling to me..

has everyone been had???:rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    i mean less caring about waiting till they are married.

you mean what i THOUGHT you to mean :P i just didnt say it in a nice way so you disagreed (intentional)

You're aggravating... I like it lol. I'd like to argue with you, I feel very argumentative and think you'd cheer me up

lol im riiigghht just leave it ~ it will take me and you longer to clarify

ReputationRep:
    lol im riiigghht just leave it ~ it will take me and you longer to clarify

You are so not right!! But I shan't argue, I'm gonna be the bigger person and walk away lol

Easier said than done for people like me

LOL! thats it. msn

ReputationRep:
    yay! A happy ending hope you dad comes around, you two seem made *love and hugs to both of you*

ReputationRep:
    We are happy together, have been for a long time. At first, our relationship was a bit rocky, but that stage taught us so much about each other. I wouldnt call it a happy ending, because of my dad, but there have been a few heated discussions amonst both familys in past days, its upsetting to see that the relationship between both our parents is falling apart because of this.

ReputationRep:
    Yep. I soooo believe this. :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    He's living in the stone ages. He'll come round.

Gratz!

ReputationRep:
    Aww, yay!! Well done for sticking up for yourselves - I hope you're both very happy together good luck for the future and your wedding! :love:

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 18, 2006
Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.