The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Neo_Delta
I managed to stay awake for 60 hours with no coffee. Then I started to see sprites running on the floor (really!) and I decided it was high time I went to bed :smile:

ive gone almost 3 days without sleep - with no coffee
Reply 21
40 hours - with beer.
Reply 22
student_kyle
well i got pro-plus (caffine pills) but i dont like them! The artificial alertness dosnt feel good! lol
i might do an all-nighter tonight as I woke up soooooooooo late and feel guilty about work, etc.

yep same here, I woke up at 5 this afternoon today. Just been down to the gym to run and get myself tired
Reply 23
72 hours I think...I don't sleep much and when I do not for long :p:
Reply 24
Due to time complications and the fact that I can't sleep on an aeroplane, I stayed awake for 50 hours on my last day and trip back from Japan.
Relatively low compared to others, 20 hours is my maximum.
Reply 26
student_kyle
Anyone else like pulling 'all-nighters'? personally i find it easier to concentrate on work at night... though i need quite a bit of caffine for the next dayt! :biggrin:

How many hours can you go??

I never do all nighters, even when I'm desperate. I find it easier to concentrate at night too but in truth I'm probably more productive during the day
Reply 27
I did 42 the other day...wasn't too bad mentally, but physically I was tired after 30. I was walking round Venice all night too which was murder on the feet, and then did 6 hours on GT4 when I got back.
Reply 28
WillB
I did 42 the other day...wasn't too bad mentally, but physically I was tired after 30. I was walking round Venice all night too which was murder on the feet, and then did 6 hours on GT4 when I got back.

mentally you've lost a few brain cells by doing that!
svidrigailov
As a chronic insomniac, I routinely go several days without sleeping. I have no idea what my 'record' is, but it's probably four or five days (when your grip on reality very definitely begins to fade).

Ditto. I can go days at a time without sleeping, it no longer becomes about the amount of days with sleep, its the amount of sleep I do get that becomes important. x
I often skip a night's sleep to catch up on work. Last year around exam time I went around three days without sleep. I then slept for two days, surfacing only for food.:redface:
Reply 31
Either some of you guys are telling porkies or are machines:eek: I dont know how anyone could more than 24 hrs without sleep. Ive never tried just to stay awake, but i would say after 20hrs that getting towards the end of my comfort zone.
Reply 32
lol u clearly dont know any architects then.. all nighters are part of life, part of the course and ultimately part of business. I dont know if any of you saw Dan Cruickshanks Ground Zero Program, showing them working through 2 nights to get the proposals finished for the competition final.

Pretty much most people I know on my course do htem, and you see them working too, im usually in at half 5 am during a project and i get an hours sleep.

Id say probably 3 days is my maximum.. but it wasnt big and it wasnt clever.

you feel ****e, you do ****e,

however, shower lots, eat nice food and go for runs. that helps. i think it wud be nice to have a competition on here for the longest time awake. though theryd be no way to prove it i suppose

adios off to sleep x:biggrin:
f knows. ages. im awake a lot me andn i like to club
Reply 34
I havent been to sleep for 36 hours, havent had any coffee either, but i just dont feel tired...
Reply 35
i can stay awake 24 hours if i've had about 10 hours sleep beforehand. i then need about 10 hours more afterwards :biggrin:
Reply 36
I did about 90 or so before, but that was just a hell of a weekend. Usually 40 doesnt really bother me too much, but I'm a bit bad for making a habit of it.
Reply 37
I don't sleep. Because I'm "hard", and have superpowers.
Reply 38
I don't do all-nighters, they're not effective. The next day I just feel sleepy and mean. Then I wont do good in my other classes.
I can only go maybe a day and a half without sleep.
see the shoutbox in chat. Did an all nighter. Was worth itttt :cool:

I got all my music stuff done. Economics hw etc and now I feel like *falls asleep*

Latest

Trending

Trending