Turn on thread page Beta

How to tell your partner you love them… watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Wait, let me guess: it has something to do with atavistic male-chauvinism. Am I right?

ReputationRep:
    don't use the "L" word... 2 months :eek:

when peple have said that to me after such a short time before its scared me soo much because i never seem to be able to match the level fo feelings. :confused:

ReputationRep:
    well, she may have known him for a lot longer than 2 months before she went out with him.
    If you really do love him and you think he loves you, well, just tell him. but don't try and rush it or anything. there has been a lot of good advice in this thread - just let it come naturally one day.

ReputationRep:
    2 months is way too early, wait , u'l onlyscare him off or put him under pressure to say it back

ReputationRep:
    Well, the words are usually formed by the vocal cords; alternatively, computerised speech packages are available at reasonable prices.

(Original post by need_money)
    2 months and you already want to say you love him? :eek: I've been going out with my bf for longer than that and I wouldn't dare.
    Same here, will be 6 months since we've been together and neither one of us has said it yet. It's just odd considering all the serious talks he has about our relationship, how he's so comfortable bringing up topics about marriage, kids and our future and moving in together etc...and yet he isn't comfortable saying it yet:confused:. The closest has been "I like you more than like" and always "I care about you a lot a lot a lot..." Maybe we're just both scared and waiting for the other person to say it first :confused:.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lovelee-jublee)
    My boyfriend was so sweet when we first started going out... when he asked me out he didn't actually say 'Will you go out with me?', he said, 'I've got this little friend, and he really likes you... he's wondering if you'd like to spend more time with him?' I played along because it was so sweet, and eventually I said yes! :p: Quite soon into the relationship he told me he loved me... I think I smiled and kissed him when he said it, but I didn't say it back for at least a month after!!! It didn't stop him saying it though, so don't be disheartened if your partner doesn't say it back, they might just need a bit of time!
    Awwwwww! That's so cute!! +Rep for the cute story! (i'm such a soft touch....)

ReputationRep:
    I don't think you can say whether two months is too soon or not. I've been with my boyfriend two months today, and he told me he loved me last week. I'd been to reading with him to see one of his old friends from uni, and we were driving back, at about 2am, and I started getting a little sad because of problems with my parents and I just got stressed out about uni and friends and pretty much everything! Anyway, he pulled over in a layby on the road we were driving along and we got out and he gave me a hug and we looked up and the stars were out and really bright, the sky was really clear. I was standing there thinking in my head "I love you", but just couldn't bring myself to say it, I was so scared he wouldn't say it back. We hugged for ages, and he was telling me that everything would be ok, then he whispered to me, "...and I love you", it made me so happy because i'd been wanting to say it to him but wasn't sure when was the right time, and that really was the right time, so I said "I love you too." And then we hugged and kissed some more. It was so lovely....

So yes, there is no set time before you love someone, if you love them, you just know, and I think you just say it when it feels right.

Ruthie xx

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rosalily)
    Awwwwww! That's so cute!! +Rep for the cute story! (i'm such a soft touch....)
    Aww thank you!

Has anyone ever had to wait for some reason to get together with the guy they like, even though it was clear to them both that they liked each other, and ended up saying 'I love you' as the first way of expressing their feelings rather than waiting?

ReputationRep:
    I said the L word in two months...but that was after I'd known him for a year and a half and fancied him for half a year. :P

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 14, 2006
Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.