http://www.internetautoguide.com/rev...006/index.html
and I don't like that car.
Kingspharm
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by HagerVor)
for people who have too much money. Who don't care about the millions in this country alone living below the poverty line.
Let them starve, the country is overpopulated as it is.
Né Stig
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
if you can afford a car like that then you have too much money.. You can never say you have enough.

ever heard of charity? I am charity
spreading the wealth? well duh! Thats why I'm buying a 130k car, to spread my wealth :rolleyes:

so you'd be happy driving around in your fuel eating, stupidly expensive car when you know that you could be driving around in a 10 year old small hatchback and have saved 1000 from starvation...
I'd rather be driving an 8.0l Hummer that does 7mpg than drive around in a Citreon 2cv that does 50mpg. I know I'm helping sheikhs by doing this; so I do have a conscience.
OMGWTF
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
I think a 2CV would be more fun than a Hummer. I saw one coming towards me around a corner today, it looked as though the body as well as the chassis bent, then moulded back into place lol

As for the Bentley, meh
Lofty
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
if you can afford a car like that then you have too much money..

ever heard of charity?
spreading the wealth?

so you'd be happy driving around in your fuel eating, stupidly expensive car when you know that you could be driving around in a 10 year old small hatchback and have saved 1000 from starvation...
Have you been to Cuba? I have.

They run exactly the way that you are mentioning, and is probably partly why they are so underdeveloped.

People won't study to get good jobs because they get paid the same as working in a supermarket (for example) anyway. So whats the point?

I can only say well done to people who can afford 100k on a car, and good luck to them! How do you know that every person with a nice car hasnt earnt the money themselves? People always just assume they inherited the money etc. really irritates me.

My borther has a Ferrari 575, and he deserves it for how hard he has had to work to reach the position that he is in now. If you were on for example 250k a year, i doubt you would want to give it away either!
matchu
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by Lofty)
Have you been to Cuba? I have.

They run exactly the way that you are mentioning, and is probably partly why they are so underdeveloped.

People won't study to get good jobs because they get paid the same as working in a supermarket (for example) anyway. So whats the point?

I can only say well done to people who can afford 100k on a car, and good luck to them! How do you know that every person with a nice car hasnt earnt the money themselves? People always just assume they inherited the money etc. really irritates me.

My borther has a Ferrari 575, and he deserves it for how hard he has had to work to reach the position that he is in now. If you were on for example 250k a year, i doubt you would want to give it away either!

Mate you can just say, yeh this is *probably* why this happened.

I've been there myself, the school systems are very good, healthcare is good.

They wouldnt be doing so bad if America hadn't stopped so many people from trading with them.

But I've seen the corruption there aswell, so.....

Whilst I don't agree with the ideal of sharing money for unequal positions, you must understand that profit for one can only be obtained from the exploitation of others. Fact.
Lofty
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by Straas)
Mate you can just say, yeh this is *probably* why this happened.

I've been there myself, the school systems are very good, healthcare is good.

They wouldnt be doing so bad if America hadn't stopped so many people from trading with them.

But I've seen the corruption there aswell, so.....

Whilst I don't agree with the ideal of sharing money for unequal positions, you must understand that profit for one can only be obtained from the exploitation of others. Fact.
Yeah, fair point with the top bit, can't disagree with that Although it is fair to say that they are a little undeveloped compared to US etc.

Although, to earn money you don't really have to exploit others. Most shops, it is down to the buyer if they really want to shop there or not, so they do have a choice. I know that supermarkets may be an exception, since we do need to eat

I guess it all comes down to what is the definition of exploiting others, to a certain dgree all down to opinion.

I like the car though One thing that always gets me with the continental GT' is that you see so many of them. These aren't cheap cars, like 100k arent they? If i had 100k to spend on a car i would get something a little less 'common' (for want of a better word)
matchu
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
My definition is - the employees in the shop input labour - the amount of labour they input leads to an output (money)

The amount of money the worker recieves is lower than the amount of labour they put in even when taking into account owners costs.

But yeah - If a car becomes popular with footballers, I really wouldn't want it - I have this intense dislike for footballers which I can't justify.
Dickie
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Absolutely. Are you happy driving around in your 10 year old small hatchback when you know you could be saving people from starvation (no, i dont know how either)?

We dont *need* cars at all, really. But if I had earned £100k (and it's not a huge amount of money, really), I'd be more than happy to spend it on something that I know I will really enjoy. I personally dont see any problem with that. Yes, I happen to have been born in a position where I am better off than others. But I see no reason why I should feel guilty for that.
Gio
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
heard that the engine is W12 twin turbocharged....if i was gonna pay that amount of money, I would expect something like W16 etc
snmichaels
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
'Cause 16 is better than 12... :rolleyes:
lil_nems_05
Badges: 0
Report 12 years ago
Bentley..Bentley..my dream car.....that car will definitely turn heads...
OMGWTF
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
But its still nothing that special, Bentley are getting bland
randomuser#6
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
I like it, although I still prefer the Flying Spur. I sent an email to the guys at Cadillac, to find out if they were going to start manufacturing the cadillac sixteen, they are not exactly sure tho :|. Here's the extract:

Dear Mr. *******,

Thank you for contacting Cadillac and for your interest in the Cadillac Sixteen concept! General Motors would like to apologize for the delay in responding to your email inquiry. Your email is very important to us and we regret any inconvenience that this may have caused.

At this time, no information has been released regarding its production and availability to the general public. For updates, we ask that you please contact us again periodically or speak with your dealership. A 16-cylinder engine that produces 1000 horsepower and 1000 lbs.-ft. of torque powers the rear-wheel-drive ultra-luxury automobile. The 32-valve V-16 concept engine displaces 13.6 liters and is mated to a four-speed electronically controlled automatic transmission.

The Sixteen's luxurious features include:
A center-mounted Bvlgari clock
Hand-stitched, Tuscany leather upholstered seats
Custom-designed crystal on the cluster dials
A rear-seat DVD information system and Bose sound system
The fifth-generation OnStar in-vehicle safety and security communication system
Aluminum body panels and a long aluminum hood
24-inch polished aluminum wheels
An all-glass roof

To obtain more information regarding Cadillac, please visit www.cadillac.com or contact your preferred dealership.

We hope that this information answers your question. If you need additional information or have further questions, please let us know via email or by calling Cadillac at 1-800-333-4223, between 8:00 AM-11:00 PM Eastern Time, seven days a week. Again, thank you for contacting Cadillac!

Sincerely,

Customer Relationship Manager
Cadillac
Sophdoph
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
That is a lovely lovely car, Bentley's are just beautiful. How much would one of those set you back? Not that I in any way could probably ever afford one
Né Stig
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by Sophdoph)
That is a lovely lovely car, Bentley's are just beautiful. How much would one of those set you back? Not that I in any way could probably ever afford one
£130k and thousands of pounds in fuel and insurance
And seeing you live in Carshalton, make that many more thousands for insurance :flute:
OMGWTF
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
130k is quite cheap really. But if I had 130k I certainly would not be looking at the Bentley
Dickie
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by OMGWTF)
130k is quite cheap really. But if I had 130k I certainly would not be looking at the Bentley
Yeah, for *that* much you could get a proper car...
X

Reply to thread

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you like exams?

Yes (151)
18.06%
No (509)
60.89%
Not really bothered about them (176)
21.05%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed