Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    thanks ollie so do you know a site where I can see apartments near HH? I am not so familiar with the street names etc. so would appreciate some help =D

ReputationRep:
    it would be great if someone can recommend a particular building too

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gizmoleeds)
    AFAIK High Holborn is not in a residential area and is surrounded by offices, so it may be very difficult to find other apartments near HH.
    Agreed. If anybody wants to find an apartment, then looking around Russell Square would be a good idea since that's more of a residential area. (and its only 5-10 more minutes walk than for Holborn to LSE)

ReputationRep:
    word of warning re: the accom department

i applied(on time) for accomodation, 1st carr saunders, 2nd roseberry, 3rd hh. specifically asked for a single room, even e-mailed them after I submitted the app form . I'm not sure if this was to try and piss me off or some sort of weird lse test but i got a reply after a while - a double room in feckin bankside!!! i was well pissed off, e-mailed them saying blah blah i snore, insomniac etc, didnt do anything! they were basically like 'tough luck!'. luckily i broke my foot when on holiday in the summer, i actually did genuinely break my foot too, told them this, said i wanted a single room, filled out a disability form etc saying i could walk so far and i wouldnt settle for a double room so id have to search for apartments in london with a broken foot, got it signed by a doctor, right pain in the arse! finally they offered me a single room in CS after all this. the only guy that actually sounded like he cared was paul trivett i think, the others didnt give a ****!

ReputationRep:
    oh dear...that's pretty awful. But you got CS in the end i guess that's ok!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sox_uk)

i applied(on time) for accomodation, 1st carr saunders, 2nd roseberry, 3rd hh. specifically asked for a single room, even e-mailed them after I submitted the app form . I'm not sure if this was to try and piss me off or some sort of weird lse test but i got a reply after a while - a double room in feckin bankside!!! i was well pissed off, e-mailed them saying blah blah i snore, insomniac etc, didnt do anything! they were basically like 'tough luck!'. luckily i broke my foot when on holiday in the summer, i actually did genuinely break my foot too, told them this, said i wanted a single room, filled out a disability form etc saying i could walk so far and i wouldnt settle for a double room so id have to search for apartments in london with a broken foot, got it signed by a doctor, right pain in the arse! finally they offered me a single room in CS after all this. the only guy that actually sounded like he cared was paul trivett i think, the others didnt give a ****!
    That's slightly worrying. Would I be considered disabled if I get tennis elbow, or how about if I try to ekaf aixelsyd?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sox_uk)

OMG :eek: :eek: the bast****!! that is sooo mean.. hope they dont intend on repeating what they did to you, to anyone else! ironically, its a good job you did break your foot.. or did you :rolleyes: :p:

ReputationRep:
    Yea i'm really worry right now. Who knows where i will be allocated to? Please don't let me get a UoL hall!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Deathscythe HG)
    Yea i'm really worry right now. Who knows where i will be allocated to? Please don't let me get a UoL hall!!!
    i emailed them straight after i put down my options that i didnt want, under no circumstances, to be put into an intercollegiate hall and they replied back the next day and said that the changes have been made to my form and that i should hear from them in 28 days. Maybe you could email them to tell them the same? :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alexandra)
    i emailed them straight after i put down my options that i didnt want, under no circumstances, to be put into an intercollegiate hall and they replied back the next day and said that the changes have been made to my form and that i should hear from them in 28 days. Maybe you could email them to tell them the same? :rolleyes:
    I just got the confirmation of my application, really hoping I'll get Rosebery...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Johan C)
    I just got the confirmation of my application, really hoping I'll get Rosebery...
    they replied to you today? if so, thats wierd cause they said their offices were closed till this monday..:confused:

ReputationRep:
    Oh is it? Whoa then i guess i better do it right away. But did you give any reasons?

ReputationRep:
    they replied to you today? if so, thats wierd cause they said their offices were closed till this monday..:confused:
    Yep today, this morning actually.

ReputationRep:
    Oh is it? Whoa then i guess i better do it right away. But did you give any reasons?
    no i just said that because i only put intercollegiate halls because i was "forced" to but really i dont want to go there. it doesnt need much explanation i dont think

Johan thats great news! must mean they are open then so i might hear from them soon!!!! woo hoo

ReputationRep:
    Ok thanks a lot!

ReputationRep:
    Ok thanks a lot!
    no problemo

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: April 21, 2006
Poll
Are you going to a festival?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.