~*mariam*~
Badges: 0
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by DredgeReformist)
As long as you don't start tea bagging...
lol

To the OP: yeah i have the same kinda problem- i tend to pick up silly phrases that ppl use, which i normally despise e.g. "not bein' funny or anyfink rite yeahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh bu' "
Revd. Mike
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Ha, memetics at work, I was considering buying Dawkins' book about that earlier...

I seem to be fairly adaptable with my accent, like when I was visiting family in Gibraltar I noticed occasionally speaking with a pseudo-spanish accent, and on holiday in Wales and France a couple of years ago I picked up slight accents much to everyone's amusement :roll:

In our various little groups at school we have words and phrases and stuff spreading between us, it's quite cool.

oh, and if you DONT want to change ur orientation, stop hanging out with those people. a wise man once said "you always become like the people you hang out with" ... a lesson to learn
Also: make sure you stop hanging around with short people, you might become short.
burningwings
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
yeah i do this.
i get more into shopping or studying if i hang out with certain people, and really into metal and beer with others.
i call it "adaptable" and "fabulous" and a good thing..
sometimes i start talking funny though, like using pikey slang. so i breathe deeply and think carefully until it stops.
silverbolt
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 13 years ago
heh heh il just have to be more careful or people will start asking questions
Brown Eyed Girl
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by gideon2000uk)
Yay for gay friends!

However if I were one of them I'd have to give you a full make-over. That goth look has SO last season! Hehe!

How do you feel about short hair and tight, trendy clothes?
Ok that part is traumatising enough for me...

Plus if you cut is hair there are about 2 million people that will kill you both
fakeplasticsmee
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Ok hanging out with gay friends will NOT make you gay. If you don't like their 'mannersims' then just be a bit more self aware and don't do it. No one's gonna judge you anyway.

Sorry to be annoying but it's 'bass'
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What's stopping you doing a masters?

It's too expensive (10)
21.28%
My career doesn't need one (5)
10.64%
I'm sick of studying (10)
21.28%
I can't find a course I want to do (1)
2.13%
I don't know enough about them (4)
8.51%