Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DredgeReformist)
    As long as you don't start tea bagging...
    lol

To the OP: yeah i have the same kinda problem- i tend to pick up silly phrases that ppl use, which i normally despise e.g. "not bein' funny or anyfink rite yeahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh bu' "

ReputationRep:
    Ha, memetics at work, I was considering buying Dawkins' book about that earlier...

I seem to be fairly adaptable with my accent, like when I was visiting family in Gibraltar I noticed occasionally speaking with a pseudo-spanish accent, and on holiday in Wales and France a couple of years ago I picked up slight accents much to everyone's amusement :roll:

In our various little groups at school we have words and phrases and stuff spreading between us, it's quite cool.

oh, and if you DONT want to change ur orientation, stop hanging out with those people. a wise man once said "you always become like the people you hang out with" ... a lesson to learn
    Also: make sure you stop hanging around with short people, you might become short.

ReputationRep:
    yeah i do this.
    i get more into shopping or studying if i hang out with certain people, and really into metal and beer with others.
    i call it "adaptable" and "fabulous" and a good thing..
    sometimes i start talking funny though, like using pikey slang. so i breathe deeply and think carefully until it stops.

ReputationRep:
    heh heh il just have to be more careful or people will start asking questions

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gideon2000uk)
    Yay for gay friends!

However if I were one of them I'd have to give you a full make-over. That goth look has SO last season! Hehe!

How do you feel about short hair and tight, trendy clothes?
    Ok that part is traumatising enough for me...

Plus if you cut is hair there are about 2 million people that will kill you both

ReputationRep:
    Ok hanging out with gay friends will NOT make you gay. If you don't like their 'mannersims' then just be a bit more self aware and don't do it. No one's gonna judge you anyway.

Sorry to be annoying but it's 'bass'

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 27, 2006
Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.