Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

HARRY POTTER - blunders? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rewmck)
    Last night I was thinking :eek:. In book five they break into that big secret ministry place and see loads of things that nobody is supposed to know about, why didn't they erase their memories of it? They didn't do anything about a bunch of teenagers breaking into somewhere with top secret stuff, crazy.
    i reckon voldy being there, finally realising he's back, fudge being fired, a person dying on minsitry grounds all wouldv'e put erasing memories asides.

and if they were able to get through these secret areas simply by opening sum doors the muggle way- the security wasnt too good was it. and plus- i don't think they figured any of what was actually going- i mean what was the tank of brains for?... i guess they only found out that there was a hall of prophecies which i would suspect alot of people know about- dubledore did, so did the order of the pheonix- cos they kept guard.

well ill stop waffling- but i guess my point is- that its not evry important.

ReputationRep:
    Yep, exactly. Glad you said that Tazzie, saved me having to do it

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tazzie)
    i reckon voldy being there, finally realising he's back, fudge being fired, a person dying on minsitry grounds all wouldv'e put erasing memories asides.

and if they were able to get through these secret areas simply by opening sum doors the muggle way- the security wasnt too good was it. and plus- i don't think they figured any of what was actually going- i mean what was the tank of brains for?... i guess they only found out that there was a hall of prophecies which i would suspect alot of people know about- dubledore did, so did the order of the pheonix- cos they kept guard.

well ill stop waffling- but i guess my point is- that its not evry important.
    None of the mistakes have been important, I was just pointing out a flaw in the book. It clearly is a flaw that nothing was done about a bunch of teenagers breaking into the top secret place.

ReputationRep:
    One thing that confused me in the books is the way the Weasley twins appear to flit between years. In book one they say that they were on the Quidditch team the previous year, but later on in the books get their OWL results one year before Harry, Ron and Hermione, meaning they must have been on the Quidditch team in their 1st year.

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.