Turn on thread page Beta

Medics - AS Average Module Marks watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by visesh)
    Ahhh BMAT memories aren't the best. My ex broke up with me that morning and it was probably the hardest exam i've sat (so far...) The questions were actually rather simple looking back, but the limited amount of time made it beastly.

I had pretty average UMS scores at AS: 244 in bio (resat a module in Jan--->278 + 90/90 in unit 4 = pretty easy time for summer of A2), 268 in maths, 264 in psychology, 298 in chem and 246 in general studies.
    I have a suspicision that you must have got incredibly good BMAT results.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Vazzyb)
    I have a suspicision that you must have got incredibly good BMAT results.
    5.7 and 6.3. None of the essays were marked in my year, and my current DoS suggested that I get English lessons during my interview:rolleyes:

I think my interviews went quite well and were the determining factor in my case.

EDIT: here is a copy of the distribution of results in my year. Nothing overly impressive here.

ReputationRep:
    It'd be interesting if med schools released the average BMAT scores of successful applicants. Of course they never will, but it'd be interesting...

ReputationRep:
    Well in my year here at King's we have a rather broad range of scores; some got 4s, and some have 7s. They sat the exam a year after me though.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by visesh)
    Well in my year here at King's we have a rather broad range of scores; some got 4s, and some have 7s. They sat the exam a year after me though.
    Back when I took the MVAT they used to only tell you whether you came in the top 20% for each paper, and I think for the essay paper there was no mark as such (probably a good thing!).

Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.