Medics - AS Average Module Marks Watch

Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 13 years ago
(Original post by visesh)
Ahhh BMAT memories aren't the best. My ex broke up with me that morning and it was probably the hardest exam i've sat (so far...) The questions were actually rather simple looking back, but the limited amount of time made it beastly.

I had pretty average UMS scores at AS: 244 in bio (resat a module in Jan--->278 + 90/90 in unit 4 = pretty easy time for summer of A2), 268 in maths, 264 in psychology, 298 in chem and 246 in general studies.
I have a suspicision that you must have got incredibly good BMAT results.
visesh
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by Vazzyb)
I have a suspicision that you must have got incredibly good BMAT results.
5.7 and 6.3. None of the essays were marked in my year, and my current DoS suggested that I get English lessons during my interview:rolleyes:

I think my interviews went quite well and were the determining factor in my case.

EDIT: here is a copy of the distribution of results in my year. Nothing overly impressive here.
sTe\/o
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
It'd be interesting if med schools released the average BMAT scores of successful applicants. Of course they never will, but it'd be interesting...
visesh
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Well in my year here at King's we have a rather broad range of scores; some got 4s, and some have 7s. They sat the exam a year after me though.
sTe\/o
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by visesh)
Well in my year here at King's we have a rather broad range of scores; some got 4s, and some have 7s. They sat the exam a year after me though.
Back when I took the MVAT they used to only tell you whether you came in the top 20% for each paper, and I think for the essay paper there was no mark as such (probably a good thing!).
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• The University of Law
    Solicitor Series: Assessing Trainee Skills – LPC, GDL and MA Law - Guildford campus Postgraduate
    Wed, 29 Jan '20
  • Nottingham Trent University
    Postgraduate Open Day Postgraduate
    Wed, 29 Jan '20
  • University of Groningen
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 31 Jan '20

What's stopping you doing a masters?

It's too expensive (56)
24.35%
My career doesn't need one (30)
13.04%