Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

If Harry dies, wont "avada kadavra" be a bit of an anti-climax? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    As mute says, the killing curse if used say after a huge struggle or something will probably occur in a most spectacular fashion. The reason J K made Sirius leave with a whimper was to show that death can come suddenly, but she wouldn't do the same with Harry.
    If Harry does die, I doubt he'll leave without a whimper. It will probably be after a huge struggle and if the killing curse is used, I reckon it will be dramatic.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mute)
    If the killing curse is used, it'll be in a spectacular way, like that thing that happened in the graveyard where their wands were used against each other.

Just becuase she doesn't want to ever write about him again doesn't mean she'll kill him, the end has been written for so long that I think it'll be pretty unaffected by the fact that she's fed up of him.
    Which brings up another point which we have been discussing since OoP came out. How is Harry going to kill Voldemort when both of their wands can't work against each other?

ReputationRep:
    Maybe there will be a different way to kill Voldie. I mean, in COS, he used the sword. Maybe that will make an appearance again. Or maybe something else.

ReputationRep:
    what are the horcruxes? Remember he has to destroy all of those.

ReputationRep:
    it's funny how this thread turned into a star wars discussion lol...

anyway i agree, JKR is too clever to just kill harry off with an "avada kadavra"

ReputationRep:
    Me and my friend talked about how Harry should die, remember the prophecy said 'neither can live while the other survives'. Well, it means someone HAS to die. We think Harry gets killed by Voldemort, someone kills Voldemort, and Harry's brought back to life. Something like that. Kinda makes sense...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dude)
    Which brings up another point which we have been discussing since OoP came out. How is Harry going to kill Voldemort when both of their wands can't work against each other?
    Their wands can be used to kill each other, but they wont work when both the spells contact. It was a coincidence that their spells connected.

...that is how I remember it

ReputationRep:
    i dunno i dont think itll be harry that dies... i have a feeling itll be a close friend a certain red head perhaps?

ReputationRep:
    Or a bushy one?

ReputationRep:
    I reckon Harry'll die, but he'll do it for some incredibly sickening noble reason, like protecting Ginny or summat. It won't be avada kedavra, but he'll sacrifice himself someway.

ReputationRep:
    That will put me off...he will lose popularity actually..too melodramatic..

ReputationRep:
    Twin wands can work against each other - Voldemort cast imperio and crucio on Harry I believe.
    The reason Harry didn't sort his own nose out is because he was paralysed at the time - hard to do much in that state. Like someone else said, he did the episkey charm on someone else later, so no problem with it, it seems.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: June 9, 2006
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.