How much cash did you save for uni? Watch

jenna_is_ace
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
I've meant to be saving since last September putting £100 a month away in an online account so I should have £800 right? Wrong, I did keep putting £100 in but then I'd transfer it back across to my current account to buy clothes and money for going out!! Not good, So I've currently got saved £340 (took £60 out yesterday so I could go to Birmingham and buy my mate a present)

I am selling my car though as I won't need it in the city and won't be able to afford insurance and things so that should add £1000 at least and I'm going to be doing so much overtime at work from June onwards so hopefully I should make another £500 at least on top of that.
abertoon
Badges: 0
Report 13 years ago
I didnt save anything, I had about £200 knocking about in my account before I went to uni (Gone in freshers week) but that money wasn't saved specifically for uni.

Saving to go to uni is definately a good idea- would love to have had some extra cash, but I agree with silence to an extent, no matter how much money you have, its very likely you'll end up spending the majority of it.
simeon125
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by Widowmaker)
I should have about £6500 by october saved up! Gonna get £3000 each year from Durham and £2700 from government. Bye bye debt!
Now this is what I call a 'man with a plan'!!
G.A.K
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by Widowmaker)
I should have about £6500 by october saved up! Gonna get £3000 each year from Durham and £2700 from government. Bye bye debt!
Wow, that is real determination!
pol_student
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
I'd recommend saving up as much as possible... but just remember, you DON'T HAVE TO SPEND WHAT YOU SAVE... you can - and should -still budget and limit yourself.
NSW
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
i have about £4600 savings in the bank at the moment, and the next 16 months to earn and spend on various things before i go to uni...

i will have about £20000 debt from loans after uni, i would like to be able to half that i suppose. so aiming to save about £10000. probably totally unrealistic with the travelling and volunteering i'm thinking of.

once i start uni, part-time and vacation work will be an option.

uni bursarys are also worth considering as i could get £0 from say plymouth, or £2000 a year from birmingham.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How many universities have you heard back from?

0 (91)
13%
1 (89)
12.71%
2 (89)
12.71%
19%
22.86%
19.71%

Watched Threads