Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sithius)
    If so, to what extend.

The odd sentence outloud 'ah crap' for example, if something went wrong.

Or full blown conversations with yourself?
    don't really have any conversations with myself, but i 'replay' conversations i've had with others...
    or ones that i've heard...

saying nothing aloud...

ReputationRep:
    No, I don't talk to myself.
    Yes, you do.
    Okay well maybe the odd word/sentence.

ReputationRep:
    I talk to myself sometimes. Usually when I am really concentrating on something I find thinking out loud helpful. Sometimes I do get my mum walking past asking me who I'm talking to. She probably thinks I am going mad.

ReputationRep:
    In my mind, usually during one of my immense self-pity binges

ReputationRep:
    I talk to myself quite a lot, and I used to loads more when I lived on my own. Otherwise I would have been in complete silence the whole time! I'm a naturally chatty person so I just blab on about something or other irrespective of whether there's anyone there to respond or not.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rahmed)
    i usually only do it in the mind, usually when i am revising
    I have conversations out loud to myself when I'm revising

ReputationRep:
    I often think out loud... but then people say think before you speak :dong:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dilute)
    If I'm on my own, yes, definitely.
    Especially when I'm in a place I've never been before. Or in supermarkets when I'm alone. I talk to/about the vegetables. They don't talk back.
    You are insane
    I only talk to myself when I am thinking quite hard about something and even then I only say a couple of words which are the solution to whatever the problem I was thinking about was.

ReputationRep:
    Short sentences out loud; often
    Full-blown conversations out loud; very rarely, only if I'm thinking out loud
    Full-blown conversations with myself, simply in my head (...I think...); often

ReputationRep:
    I do. I dont talk to myself ie have a conversation like you would to anther person, its mostly annoyancies and the like :P

ReputationRep:
    "of course we talk to ourselves, don't we, my preccccious?"

(Original post by Asthenia)
    I mostly talk to myself when I'm either revising, trying to remember things is better when you say them aloud. Well it's not really talking to yourself but I can't seem to count in my head. I mean sums and stuff like that I can but not chronogically for a long time. That's probably just me...

Anyway I don't tend to converse with myself full blown just the odd word if I'm trying to solve something, sometimes on msn or just generally annoyed if I do something wrong/hurt myself. I guess that's normal...right?
    Yes, I generally don't talk to myself but when I'm revising I do. By now, the bedroom walls know all about bacterial and fungal diseases:cool:

ReputationRep:
    Yes, indeed my best conversations are always with myself.

ReputationRep:
    I just have the old inner monologue which is often very argumentative with...itself...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by astralcars)
    Full blown conversations here :/
    No doubt a worrying habit, but things just seem clearer when vocalised!
    :ditto:

ReputationRep:
    I talk to myself all the time. Sometimes I can't work out if I thought something or said it. Eep.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by supercat)
    I talk to myself all the time. Sometimes I can't work out if I thought something or said it. Eep.
    I know what you mean! That has led to some embarassing and quiet conversations with other ppl in the past not to mention quite a bit of confusion.

ReputationRep:
    ...who doesnt talk to themselves?....

Poll
Do you like carrot cake?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.