The Student Room Group

Just how do you flirt?

Scroll to see replies

Three words: bend and snap.
Original post by Livingstone
I have a diploma from there. He's a good teacher, very hands on.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kIx_b41wzbs
Original post by ChunkymunkyDJC
Maybe if you're from the Jimmy Savile School of Flirting.

Flirting can be quite subjective; it can be as simple as just making them laugh, to teasing them, to complimenting them. It's more about how you handle yourself than what you say anyway.

Agreeeeed. Just don't go OTT with the teasing I've had that done to me before I felt more harassed than teased haha
Just having a conversation. Making each other laugh.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 24
Like this.
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by sissoko46
Me you home bed screw gtfo. It works wonders. Out of every 1000 girls you'll probable get 1 yes and 999 slaps but trust me its worth it.

No - statistically it is unlikely that the girl to say yes is the 1000th person he asks.
Admittedly, there is a 1/1000th chance that the last one he asks will say yes, and that previously he would have recieved 999 slaps.
However, there is a 999/1000th chance that he won't have to ask 999 girls before he finds the one who says yes.

For good measure, we could try going half and half - which would mean the 500th girl he asks would say yes.

But even then - what are the chances that 499 girls in a row would have all said no...?
Reply 26
Tell them what they want to hear.
"Hey! Check out this amazing scented handkerchief!"
Original post by its too easy
No - statistically it is unlikely that the girl to say yes is the 1000th person he asks.
Admittedly, there is a 1/1000th chance that the last one he asks will say yes, and that previously he would have recieved 999 slaps.
However, there is a 999/1000th chance that he won't have to ask 999 girls before he finds the one who says yes.

Why would he stop after having gotten a "yes"?
Reply 29
Well i dont't know about here, but in my culture it is customary to offer a dowry of 7 cows to be sacrificed on the twelfth hour of the twelfth day of the twelfth month....
Reply 30
I talk about how much I love my mom. Girls dont like it. Haven't tried anything else yet.
Reply 31
I'm a nice guy who's considered very physically attractive (I don't just randomly think that - this is what I've been told by many people). I have good social skills and emotional intelligence. I'm outgoing. I enjoy company. I know which talking points or body language/actions girls find repulsive. I talk to girls I like in the appropriate way; I talk enthusiastically, I gently and harmlessly tease them where appropriate, I ask them about themselves and talk passionately about my interests when asked whilst making sure my interests don't dominate the conversation. I come across as confident. All things girls find attractive as flirtation techniques, as far as I'm aware.

And yet... 0% success rate. Every.single.time they fall for a massive douche instead of me.

Bottom line: if you're a nice guy, no amount of good flirting is going to get you anywhere.
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by mc1000
I'm a nice guy who's considered very physically attractive (I don't just randomly think that - this is what I've been told by many people). I have good social skills and emotional intelligence. I'm outgoing. I enjoy company. I know which talking points or body language/actions girls find repulsive. I talk to girls I like in the appropriate way; I talk enthusiastically, I gently and harmlessly tease them where appropriate, I ask them about themselves and talk passionately about my interests when asked whilst making sure my interests don't dominate the conversation. I come across as confident. All things girls find attractive as flirtation techniques, as far as I'm aware.

And yet... 0% success rate. Every.single.time they fall for a massive douche instead of me.

Bottom line: if you're a nice guy, no amount of good flirting is going to get you anywhere.

Is that you being yourself when you flirt? Because there is a high chance you come off artificial-I would prefer a shy guy that I get on with than a guy who I have no idea about because he's pretending to be someone else.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 33
Original post by Sheldor
Is that you being yourself when you flirt? Because there is a high chance you come off artificial-I would prefer a shy guy that I get on with than a guy who I have no idea about because he's pretending to be someone else.

Posted from TSR Mobile

My post is exactly how I am naturally. The problem is that when there's a girl I know well and really like on many different levels, I'm just so different. I'll be naturally shy around her such that I have to be artificial, otherwise I couldn't think of anything to say at all. I know this is problematic. Girls don't like guys who are boring, and if a guy doesn't talk, then boring is the assumption girls tend to make; yet the only other option is feigning confidence and flirting in a very contrived (and, in retrospect, embarrasing) way.

But when it's a girl I don't know who I'm superficially attracted to, at a party for example, I'll be very confident around her, and naturally the way I described in my post. 9 times out of 10, this is the situation in which I flirt, and that's exactly who I am around everyone (apart from the very rare infatuation). It's because I'll think she's attractive, but there won't be the deep, multi-faceted emotional attraction that causes me to become extremely shy and boring.
(edited 11 years ago)
**** all this advice, just talk to them like you would anyone else. Jesus wept.
Original post by mc1000
My post is exactly how I am naturally. The problem is that when there's a girl I know well and really like on many different levels, I'm just so different. I'll be naturally shy around her such that I have to be artificial, otherwise I couldn't think of anything to say at all. I know this is problematic. Girls don't like guys who are boring, and if a guy doesn't talk, then boring is the assumption girls tend to make; yet the only other option is feigning confidence and flirting in a very contrived (and, in retrospect, embarrasing) way.

But when it's a girl I don't know who I'm superficially attracted to, at a party for example, I'll be very confident around her, and naturally the way I described in my post. 9 times out of 10, this is the situation in which I flirt, and that's exactly who I am around everyone (apart from the very rare infatuation). It's because I'll think she's attractive, but there won't be the deep, multi-faceted emotional attraction that causes me to become extremely shy and boring.

But surely you don't have to pretend to be confident/flirty to talk to a girl? I don't really understand (sorry) why you can't just have a conversation with a girl you like? Kind of shy and a conversation is much better than awkward bravado.

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Reply 36
I have never really understood what successfull flirting is about :-D

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by mc1000

What do you count as a success?
If you have to ask, it's probably better not to bother.
Reply 39
just go straight to the point n tell ha u love her. that's one way of flirting.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending