Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Got Caught Smoking by My Mom watch

ReputationRep:
    You know smoking is bad for you.

You will only quit when you want to.

Right now, she has every right to be annoyed, what you are doing is against the law.

Once you're 18 it's your decision.

You can't quite smoking half-heartedly, you have to want to do it, to be blunt.

If this bothers you enough you would quit, but I don't see this happening - as it didn't last time.

ReputationRep:
    The solution here is to quit.

my mom said she's gonna have a "talk" with me about my "future" after my exams

and she specifically said this talk is not about academics/career... i'm worried

ReputationRep:
    she'l get over it, though i have say "lost all trust" kind of an over reaction.
    Just tell her that it will be ok and that if your going to quit you will need her help

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cadre_Of_Storms)
    she'l get over it, though i have say "lost all trust" kind of an over reaction.
    Just tell her that it will be ok and that if your going to quit you will need her help
    I kind of agree with this.
    I can't believe she slapped you though. :eek: No wonder you're looking for a smoke... Not that I promote smoking or anything.

ReputationRep:
    so let me get this right she's not sending u to uni cos u smoke? wow over reacting much?

ReputationRep:
    Smoking is bad, dude.

ReputationRep:
    Look on the brightside, at least you didn't get caught masturbating by her.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mad_Monkey59)
    yeh could have been worse.

ReputationRep:
    I'm sure things will work out for you in the long run, it's just right now things seem bad. Basically it's as simple as if you want to smoke then smoke, if you don't then don't. She might say those things now to get you worried like you are, she can sense she's loosing her grip on you, you are 17 afterall, when are you 18? Personally I don't know much as I've never smoked and never will, just don't see the appeal, music deals with my stress just fine!

ReputationRep:
    People the OP is from a country where possession of over 1/8 Oz of cannbis can be punished by death. Totally different cultural background.

My advice - just don't smoke. Simply because it saps your health and wallet for no pay off. As for your mum, apologise (he broke the law..) and move on.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Hello,
    I'm 17-yr-old guy....

I feel terrible! This is the second time I've been caught... It's 2 AM in the night here... I sneaked outside the house for a cigarette... Came back and found my mom sitting on the sofa waiting for me.... She slapped me in the face... She also said she's lost all trust in me... I feel sick and terrible ... I promised her I wont do it again..... I dunno what to do... PLEASE HELP!! What do I do to gain her trust back???
    lol I'm so sorry but I burst out laughing at the bit in bold.

It's your own fault for smoking, you should deal with the consequences.

Though your mum shouldn't have hit you.

(Original post by Mad_Monkey59)
    :eek:

i'd rather get caught masturbating than get caught smoking... at least my mom wont think i'm "harming" myself

ReputationRep:
    Your 17, and its legal. But if your scared of what your mummy will say why bother.

ReputationRep:
    You're 17, old enough to make the decision on whether to smoke or not. Just tell your mum that it's your life and like I said, you're old enough to make decisions like that. Smoking maybe bad for your health, but I think anyone from the age of 16 is mature enough to make the decision on whether to smoke or not.

ReputationRep:
    Hello,
    I'm 17-yr-old guy....

I feel terrible! This is the second time I've been caught... It's 2 AM in the night here... I sneaked outside the house for a cigarette... Came back and found my mom sitting on the sofa waiting for me.... She slapped me in the face... She also said she's lost all trust in me... I feel sick and terrible ... I promised her I wont do it again..... I dunno what to do... PLEASE HELP!! What do I do to gain her trust back???
    few i thought you were like 14 or something, its legal she cant exactly do anything about it but the only way of getting back her trust is to stop fullstop

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by phantom)
    few i thought you were like 14 or something, its legal she cant exactly do anything about it but the only way of getting back her trust is to stop fullstop
    Isn't it legal for anyone to smoke? I know you have to be 16 to buy **** but I'm pretty sure you can be any age to actually smoke.

Anonymous, no offence but you must have an over-protective mum which is good for some instances but you're old enough to make decisions like that.

wel i hope u stop smokeing as a result!! tis sooooo bad and guys dont find it attractive at all

ReputationRep:
    hello to all the people who said its legal in the last few posts : he's in a different country! its not legal there!

ReputationRep:
    What do I do to gain her trust back???
    become intelligent and quit.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 22, 2006
Poll
Are you going to a festival?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.