Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rob24601)
    CHH food voted best catered hall food in the Epigram last year. Personally it is really good on some occasions and quite bad on others, but I think thats the way with hall food.
    BTW Clifton halls aren't that bad, it all depends on the people you meet there which for a large part is out of your control, but most of the people are great here, if a little quieter than perhaps those at stoke bishop!
    Really? I came on a residential study visit for a few days last year, and didn't like the food in CHH at all. *Go self-catering!*

There's no crisis for me (much as I love melodrama, lol); it's Manor all the way. whoot.

ReputationRep:
    For me its between CHH and wills

ReputationRep:
    lol I love this annual "oooo accommodation crisis" talk. What´s going to happen will be everyone wanting catered will apply to Wills, unless you´re severely posh and apply (with all your chums) to Churchill -that sounds overly *****y.

Then when it comes to October, you´ll end up with 300 people in Wills and everyone else in Hiatt Baker and Badock for the catered peeps. However, what you won´t realise at the time, but be thankful for after just one night, is that these are in fact the best two catered student halls in Stokey B for normal/party-loving people and life will be great. So chill out, aim high if you want for Wills etc. but if you end up in Badock for example, you will be mucho glad within a few minutes of arriving. I want to marry the place. (as i probs wud Hiatt B too if i was there)

PS. Draig, Badock is the biggest hall in terms of residents (I thought at least) and this is disputable.... but we ARE the most sociable hall
    Oh and btw to all you food goons... Badock´s not that bad, it´s 1st year of uni for God´s sake, what do you want, haute cuisine?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HistoryBoy)
    what do you want, haute cuisine?
    if its on offer and its the same price.... then yes i do....lol...who woodnt?

saying that, im not really that fussy wen it comes to food and i dont really care where i end up, but will prob apply to wills or HB... probs wills

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tinks)
    if its on offer and its the same price.... then yes i do....lol...who woodnt?

saying that, im not really that fussy wen it comes to food and i dont really care where i end up, but will prob apply to wills or HB... probs wills
    It´s a figure of speech, it´s certainly NOT on offer, in any accommodation, and speaking of prices, Badock was more expensive than Wills this year (god knows how they figured that one out)

Apply for Wills, and if you don´t end up there, you´ll most probs be in HB anyway, so you shouldn´t be disappointed either way.

ReputationRep:
    However, what you won´t realise at the time, but be thankful for after just one night, is that these are in fact the best two catered student halls in Stokey B for normal/party-loving people and life will be great.

Normal people? What exactly are you implying by describing them as "normal"? So people in Wills are not normal? x

ReputationRep:
    lol i realised as i typed that at the time, what i meant wasn´t a comparison between Wills and non Wills people, it was meant purely as an adjective at the time, if that makes any sense!

ReputationRep:
    lol I love this annual "oooo accommodation crisis" talk. What´s going to happen will be everyone wanting catered will apply to Wills, unless you´re severely posh and apply (with all your chums) to Churchill -that sounds overly *****y.
    Handbags at dawn!

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.