The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
"Simulation and Performance of Frequency Hopping CDMA for Indoor Wireless Systems"

I'm not a finalist but I do my dissertation in my third year because we are on placement some of next year.
I'm in my second year, but I start my project this year. Meant to do the practical work this semester and then right it all up next year. The title is something along the lines of.... Investigating pregnancy diagnosis and the timing of partuition with respect to salivary progestrone.

I think its sheep that I am doing the practical work on - fun!:rolleyes: Got that to look forward to after my exams.
Angelil
My English one is going to be on gender confusion in Shakespeare, and how this is played on the stage. I also intend to challenge the common assumption that Ariel (from 'The Tempest') is male.

I would actually really like to read that... :smile:
Reply 23
ahhh cheers! I already have written the Ariel bit, it just needs some tweaking. 3000 words down, 5000 to go.....
Angelil
ahhh cheers! I already have written the Ariel bit, it just needs some tweaking. 3000 words down, 5000 to go.....

Well best of luck :smile:
And feel free to email it to me if you fancy a proof-reader :p:
Reply 25
Mine's not really a dissertation, but an optional essay that I can submit. My essay is called "Nonmodal Instabilities".
My course doens't have a deseraton, rather a big final film you have to do.
Reply 27
martynwilliams
"The Politics of the International Space Station Programme"

I want to read that when it's finished!
OK, I am only a first year but I've been giving some thought to this- its the part I'm looking forwards to most of all!

I think I'll do something about the Second World War; maybe about Ultra, the decrypted Enigma signals, and how they affected the course of the war. or maybe something about Victorian industry- check if the revisionists were right that the railways didn't help industry as much as previously thought.

or maybe, even, something to do with the history of the theatre...

Goodness, I've got too many ideas; at the moment, though, the Ultra one sounds good.
Reply 29
If you end up doing the history of the theatre or the WWII one, let me know and I'd quite like to read it :smile:
Reply 30
kirrelynut
It's about stone tools from a site in Kazakhstan, also to do with horse domestication. Haven't got a title yet, am still trying to come up with one (am not a finalist, it's a special project I have to start early as the stuff I'm analysing goes back to Kazakhstan in July).

What uni are you at and what are you studying? That sounds very interesting . . .
Reply 31
I've got hold of my History dissertation title now - 'A Late Medieval Lady and her World: The Will of Elizabeth, Countess of Salisbury'

I have 9-10,000 words to write by May 2nd! :eek: Still, at least I've translated the actual will already (in medieval French - it's never been published in translation), and done some of the primary sources research.

Latest

Trending

Trending