Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I don't know (personally) anyone who's got engaged young. my boyf's parents got engaged at 17/18 and divorced ten years later.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mylla)
    I don't know (personally) anyone who's got engaged young. my boyf's parents got engaged at 17/18 and divorced ten years later.
    I know a girl who was expecting to get engaged on her 18th birthday but the boyfriend didn't ask her. They're still together. All her internet blogs are about him and how much she loves him and can't wait to marry him. A bit scary!

ReputationRep:
    I got engaged when I was 22 and my fiance was 28. It's now 18 months later and we're planning out wedding.

ReputationRep:
    I'm ALMOST engaged! We've bought the ring and everything, he just has to actually get down on one knee and do it! Our 2 year anniversary is in three weeks so I'm betting thats when the big day is. I'm so excited!
    We've already planned our wedding date (07/07/07) which is the day after my 20th birthday, and at the end of our 2nd year of uni. Our parents know and are being quite supportive. They can see how strong and loving our relationship is and I think that they can see that its going to last - just like we do
    It's really exciting!!
    Ooooh heres a link to the ring:
    http://www.hsamuel.co.uk/webstore/de...rent_Price%7c0

Edit: Just saw a post above, and thought I would reply saying that yes, both me and my partner are strong Christians. We will both be 20 when we get married and really feel that its the right thing for us. We don't believe in sex before marriage anymore but had a bit of a foray about a year ago. I can safely say that its not the attraction of sex which is making us want to get married at a young age - after the horrible preganncy scare I had, I could happily go without sex for much more than a year! It will be an advantage but its not the driving force for either of us.

ReputationRep:
    a friend of a friend of mine was married before he went to uni

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 17, 2006
Poll
Do you like carrot cake?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.