Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Should Chav Hunting Be Made Legal watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Chavs are worthless subhuman scum.

(Original post by Beekeeper)
    Am I the only one who's bored of these pathetic chav jokes? The novelty wore off several years ago.
    For me, chavs are no joke. I should know; I cannot think of one part of my town where I haven't had some form of abuse from them.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Matt_2K)
    3) Do they work for McDonalds full time

assuming there working and not out there taking drugs getting pregnant or robbing pensioners

i say make it legal then take the heads stuff them and mount them on walls or take a trophy item like a cap

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Beekeeper)
    Am I the only one who's bored of these pathetic chav jokes? The novelty wore off several years ago.
    Nope.

And why is this thread in D&D?
    (Well, someone had to say it!)

ReputationRep:
    foxes are born that way, chavs choose to be who they are.

ReputationRep:
    brilliant idea! damn... why didn't i think of that! :p:

ReputationRep:
    Tbh, I think the term chav is too loose. I havea friend, and although he is a chav (in that he drinks stella, and looks like one), he is also going to be quite handy in the future. He's currently studying to become a radiologist, and isn't doing too bad at all. I agree that there are some, nay many, abusive, ignorant pricks out there, but it's unfair to taint all members of a certain social class with the same brush. I'm working class, but I'm certainly not a chav, and not all chavs are muggers...

ReputationRep:
    Why is this i chat, its a serious debate

ReputationRep:
    By 'chav hunting' you'd in part become a 'chav' - since physical and verbal violence is what they are perhaps best at.
    Educating them would hurt them far more, as surely that's what they most despise.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rpotter)
    Well, I think we need something to replace fox hunting (not that I ever did that, not posh enough plus live in a city), could this be it? Discuss
    Get rid of hunting and fox hunting! its a terrible 'sport'! anways...

I realise this is a bit of a joke thread, but it does show up a serious problem in society... a new "snobbery" as The Guardian called it.

The dislike of chavs is a very Middle Class phenonomen (chavs being working class)...... instead of insulting people who dress and act differently, we should be working together, and certainly working together to eradicate class divides and class ineqaulity

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by judi_lover)
    The dislike of chavs is a very Middle Class phenonomen (chavs being working class)...... instead of insulting people who dress and act differently, we should be working together, and certainly working together to eradicate class divides and class ineqaulity
    Seeing as a large number of chavs are in fact middle class I dont agree. As we are becoming almost completely a consumer economy, there isnt really a working class anymore at least not in the traditional sense of the word.

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.