Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

wht the xgod 360 is a god watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    me and ghost recon have had a rocky fluctuatiing relationship

ReputationRep:
    I think there's a downloadable demo. Trust me its good - enough for me to justify having a 360 even though I bought the PC version of Oblivion.

ReputationRep:
    I've never been a fan of the Ghost Recon games....always found them a bit boring, which is a bit weird coming from a former CS addict :laugh:

ReputationRep:
    just simply oblivion has been the most refreshing game ive played in ages, gotten bored of shooters, just sorta seems to me now to always be the same thing (still a sucker for a good story) love RPGs and oblivion did everything i wanted EQII to be like and more. Though i just bought an Xbox360 i got it FOR PDZ not oblivion, oblivion on the PC for me

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ghetto_faboulus)
    i admit i was a bit sonyish b4 my mom suprised me with a 360. and oblivion its just like,.... a really good game, probably one of the best i played actually.
    Why do so many brits on this forum type mom

ReputationRep:
    Why do so many brits on this forum type mom
    first time ive seen that lol :s but then i dont move much from the gaming forum

ReputationRep:
    Next thing we'll be calling each other "dude"

btw good to see someone liked the 360. i only know 2 ppl who owned one and both put them up for sale. whats top spin like? only a new shenmue game would persuade me to buy one...

ReputationRep:
    btw good to see someone liked the 360. i only know 2 ppl who owned one and both put them up for sale. whats top spin like? only a new shenmue game would persuade me to buy one...
    I like my 360 as well, i mean dude the gfx are awsom (not sure how you folks manage to say theyre like the old xboxes gfx, you should take a ganders at PDZ or PG3) not playedtop spin but i hear its v.good.

ReputationRep:
    I loved top spin on xbox, but those *******s online were like supercomputers at work, the rest of them were cheats who purposely lagged. Either way i got my ass kicked!

Gonna see what other games come out. Content with my current xbox and PES 5 at the mo. Dont understand why no new football, sorry 'soccer,' games weren't released for the world cup...

ReputationRep:
    Edge gave Top Spin 8/10, which for them, and for a sports game, is very good indeed. But I won't buy it because in the US it is a budget title (1/3 less than normal price) but here it is the full normal price. Frigging gay publishers.

ReputationRep:
    The best game on the 360 isn't even exclusive. How sad.

ReputationRep:
    Were the graphics on the advert from the 360? I think at one point this brown monster thing jumped down and it looked like one of the lamest and most unrealistic enemy since Doom

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by silent ninja)
    Gonna see what other games come out. Content with my current xbox and PES 5 at the mo. Dont understand why no new football, sorry 'soccer,' games weren't released for the world cup...
    Fifa 06 (hawk, spit) is on it and the World Cup game is probably coming out on it.

Remember, when the PS2 came out, the only football game was Fifa 2001 and that was dire. It was almost a full year before the first decent football game (the original PES) came out.

ReputationRep:
    Dont understand why no new football, sorry 'soccer,' games weren't released for the world cup...
    you do realise that seen as the folks *cough* english*cough* who invented it call it football ITS FOOTBALL dont fall for gay americanisation of our beloved games!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Azimuth)
    The best game on the 360 isn't even exclusive. How sad.
    The best exclusive on PS2 for nearly a year was Tekken tag. How sad.

ReputationRep:
    Oblivion's practically an exclusive anyway, you need to spend a HELL OF A LOT of money on PC hardware to enjoy nice visual settings at an acceptable framerate.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, if I hadn't spent 900 quid on a PC and 600 quid on a monitor I think I would have gone for the 360 version :p:

ReputationRep:
    Yes but I've already got a PC, I'd have had to have splashed out just as much to get an Xbox360 to play a game I already can play :P

The best exclusive on PS2 for nearly a year was Tekken tag. How sad.
    Wasn't SSX exclusive for quite a little while (at least a year). When you're sitting there playing it on your PS2, I think that counts as exclusive (even if it might have came out later on other consoles... that said, I think only the sequels did).

No, the best PS2 launch games were, by some considerable way, SSX and Timesplitters. They were superb (And exclusive :P)

ReputationRep:
    SSX wasn't that great, the sequel was much better, adressing all the problems that plagued the rushed out launch title. The same is definitely true for Timesplitters. Why were the sequels so much better (and mutli format)? Because there is always a mad rush to release games at the beginning of a consoles life. That is why you shouldn't judge a console's long-term ability on the first wave of games, and why i'm sick of having to 'defend' the 360 - imagine if they had rushed out ES IV for the 360's launch, it would have been "bugged to Oblivion" har har har. The 360 launch was hampered by a lack of units - but that was only because MS were trying to do the decent thing and release everywhere at one time (this is good for the industry as it means Sony and Nintendo will have to try and follow suit, and we won't have to wait so long in future). If you look past the shoddy conversions, the games at 360s launch and in the following 4 or so months surpass that on nearly any console ever released- you have your semi-exclusives like Oblivion and CoD2, your excellent exclusives like PGR3 and Condemned, your not-so excellent exclusives like PDZ (which falls into the exact same category as SSX - rushed but promising), and some great 360 enhanced games like GRAW, which offers experiences none of the other versions do. Add to that Xbox Live Arcade and there is nothing to criticise in comparison to every other console launch we have lived through.

ReputationRep:
    Hey, I wasn't knocking the 360; I don't have one because I believe the games aren't for me (at launch). Despite wanting one about 2 years ago, I've held off on getting a PSP until a see a decent next generation wave of games coming for it; and I have no doubt that 360 will have some superbly tempting games in the future, I just think PS3 will have more

I was just arguing your point that Tekken Tag was the best game for a year, when it wasn't :P
    Timesplitters can still keep me amused an occupied for hours, even if I have the refined TS2 too. SSX seems old when compared to the sequels, but on its launch - to me and many other critics - it was nigh flawless, fun, and reason in itself for a PS2 (well, that's a lose term - but you get the idea)

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: April 21, 2006
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered gaming threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.