Employment with Big 4 or a Master Degree? Watch

fonzievision
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by WIUT)
But you know, the Embassy will never ever give me a Visa just to go to see the universities in uk or europe Hard to imagine, but it is a reality of "being citizen of Uzbekistan".....:suitd:
You can always become a politcal refugee.
wallstreet
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 12 years ago
(Original post by fonzievision)
You can always become a politcal refugee.

How this possible? :suitc:
kahler_potential
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
The daily mail would have you believe that all you need to do is get on a plane to Britain and say "asylum" when you land at the airport. In reality I imagine it's far more complicated and difficult. I've no idea of the circumstances of your case and would not be qualified to comment, but you need grounds (reasons) for claiming asylum. Generally if you can't show that you are in realistic danger of torture or death, immigration will send you back. What happens when you come back to Uzbekistan and they find out you tried to defect, lord only knows, but I can't imagine it'll be a welcome home party.
RJA
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
i thought he was joking when he said that... (?)
President_Ben
Badges: 13
Report 12 years ago
So did I.
wallstreet
Rep:
?
I also thought it was a joke ? OLEK, Uzbekistan is much more civilized country than you, guyz from West, suppose But , anyway, I like the word "asylum", sounds like the girlie name
RJA
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
!!!

ok i now have no idea what is going on

:P
wallstreet
Rep:
?
Friends,

I think you have answered my question. As I understood that, it is better to take some period away of academia and to get an employment/internship with some "top-tier" company?!

Thanks a lot for your comments and replies!!:tsr2: :suith:
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Were you ever put in isolation at school?

Yes (157)
27.35%
No (417)
72.65%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise