Bad Boys or Good Guys? Watch

bret
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by fairycakes)
i think when girls are youn, they like a bad boy, but to settle down with, they'd prefer a good boy.
This is the problem. Nice guys seem to end up with the girls who've already been had by the bad boy players. Do girls not know how crushing that is to a man's self-confidence. There's nothing wrong with being a nice guy. I am a nice guy. Nice guys are more virtuous people than bad boys and should not have to put up with girls who've been "hurt" or "emotionally scarred" by men who think they're above them and will probably end up with girls who are purer than pure.

Nice guys with any self-respect should refuse to go out with girls who've been used by bad boys. Otherwise the cycle will persist.
Adarah
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
This is a question for girls. Do you go for a bad boy or a good guy?
I don't need Mr. Exciting, but I would certainly not go for Mr. Boring.
:p:
Seriously, a guy has to be interesting, but that doesn't mean he has to be a 'bad boy'. They should be fun to talk with, joke with and mess around with playfully and not be the kind of guys who hide away in their room playing WoW all day and then only talk about work and sex (sex so as to appear interesting when in reality they aren't of course) - that is just pathetic.
~the_one~
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
I guess i go for the Good Guys.

I've known/been close to too many Bad guys to really want that. Personally knowing that they guy i'm with has a criminal record/is selling drugs/has done some really bad things, really doesnt endear me to them. I've known loads of really nice guys, best friends that i grew up with mess up there lives and everyone close to them, so HELL NO.

I guess my perfect guy would be: Very sexy, with a good drive. Intelligent. Argumentative (does no one else find getting into really intense debates/arguments quite sexy ).
Alias_Alyssa
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
What is the defition of good or bad? I have male friends who are nice guys and I have male friends who are nice guys but can equally be bad guys. I do find that nice guys have a tougher time finding the right girl though. I don't believe you can define a guy being entirely good or bad as everyone has the ability to chance. He may treat one girl bad but treat another girl good.
Kate.
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
In the middle, I suppose. Too good is boring.
Nichrome
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
See guys - we gotta act like they're crap and below us! Treat em mean, keep em keen.
pumpkin7
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
a good guy.. one who doesn't drink, smoke, go out clubbing.. uhm, doesn't feel the need to drive even at 19..

might sound boring, but you would never understand the problems which we don't have to deal with without these things... no drunken snogs with strangers after a night clubbing would be an example

gg.
(though this is made up for in his addiction to mohaa, which i won't go into..)
bret
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by morningtheft)
Because a truly nice guy would choose his girlfriend by her ex-boyfriends, instead of by who she is...
Chances are if she's been used by players she's either a bit loose or lacking strength of character or self-respect. Possibly both. Hardly good qualities to have in a girlfriend. Besides, the thought of investing emotionally in a girl that some bad boy thought so little of would be unacceptable on so many levels- even [especially] to nice guys.

I'd define a nice guy as a man who treats womean with the respect they deserve. The non-drinking, smoking, clubing bits are all peripheral really. A nice guy can be a very interesting guy, have huge muscles, drive a fast car and have lots of money. Moreover, he can be confident and avoid being a pushover without being arrogant. I think its a necessity for a nice guy to demand respect from a girlfriend in the order that he gives it to her.
Anonymous #3
Report 13 years ago
or, she misjudged someone, and didn't realise she was being played?
tanusha-tomsk
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Like someone said here, I like Good Guys but not Nice Guys. I am to some extent a Nice Girl so I want a guy who would stop me from being that extra Nice
Sheen
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
i like good guys and ive got one
the bad ones suck and i dont see the attraction.
i wouldnt want a guy who treated me like crap or flirted with other girls etc
id say i was a nice person so me going out with a bad guy just wouldnt work
judi_lover
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
to be fair, different girls are going to be attracted to different boys! so you can't really make a conclusion on whether girls perfer bad boys or good boys.

I expect theres going to be quite a few girls who would go for boys in between your categories too!
minimo
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Good guys all the way!!
...the sweet, sensitive, quiet, romantic, intelligent, let's-cuddle-up-with-a-bottle-of-wine-and-read-poetry-sort, not fussed about sex, slightly girly, rosy cheeked, takes me to the opera sort, doesn't get drunk, smoke, nicely dressed, classy, caring, has a good relationship with his and my parents...
Wkd_Intent
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by minimo)
Good guys all the way!!
...the sweet, sensitive, quiet, romantic, intelligent, let's-cuddle-up-with-a-bottle-of-wine-and-read-poetry-sort, not fussed about sex, slightly girly, rosy cheeked, takes me to the opera sort, doesn't get drunk, smoke, nicely dressed, classy, caring, has a good relationship with his and my parents...

And whoever said women were fussy......
minimo
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
You'll find that some these qualities tend to go together. A guy who enjoys spending the evening with a girl at the opera is likely to be the sort who wants to cuddle up with a bottle of wine, is classy, doesn't enjoy clubbing. etc.
And as you lads arn't fussy!
*Claire*
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
I go for the guys that are a right softie underneath but put up this tough guy image that I can see thru. Yeah, I know thats complicated, I'm a difficult person!
judi_lover
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by minimo)
Good guys all the way!!
I have to agree there actually! they're all things i prefer! Although sometimes I get on better with gfs parents than my own!! and id swap opera with theatre :p:
minimo
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Indeed! Great minds thinks alike
MNBStyle
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Theres been to many posts like this, to be honest i cant be bothered typing out why they would go for losers like bad guys sorry
nuclear_pavlova
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Bit of both...it depends what do you mean by a "bad boy" and a "good guy"
Like I would class my boyfriend as a good guy... on the terms that he hasn't really done anything bad.... apart from he is known for some crazy stories in his wild youth...
I have a few guy friends who are bad guys (as in the baddest people I know are the ones who smoke)...I am really sad!!! but theyre lovely... ok i wouldnt class them as bad..Ive just thought of guys who are bad... Yeah ok...I like GOOD GUYS! Sorry to take ages there!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How many uni open days have you been to/did you go to?

0 (91)
29.07%
1 (52)
16.61%
2 (43)
13.74%
3 (47)
15.02%
4 (24)
7.67%
5 (22)
7.03%