Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Simple question watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    The lack of respect for anything or anyone. They bring nothing to society and are generally 'orrible!

I agree it is an attitude and frame of mind rather than a socio-economic group.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gio)
    the chav driver gave me the finger
    Was it pleasurable?

ReputationRep:
    I know very few nice chavs. On the other hand I know more than my fair share of nasty ones that just want to pummel your face in if you so much as look at them. They talk horribly, start on people for no reason, annoy people, shout abuse, use obscene hand gestures and are basically everything else that’s anti-social that you can think of. I don’t like to stereotype people but when it comes to chavs more often than not they are unfortunately all the same.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ferrus)
    Being a "Chav" is more an attitude and frame of mind than a socio-economic class. Is it really surprising that a philosophy of life that feckless, workshy and abusive is so deried?
    I agree with this perspective; as far as I'm concerned the reason behind chavs being hated lies with my belief that the phrase "nice chav" would be an analytical statement (in the philosophical sense that the two parts are contradictory and hence the statement proves itself to be flawed).

I fail to see what there is to like about chavs, given their disruptive and violent nature, complete disregard for the welfare of the rest of society, not to mention their putrid dress sense (tracksuit trousers tucked into bright yellow socks- seriously!) and abysmal taste in music (although I am willing to accept that the last two are entirely subjective and don't intend to cause offence to those who seriously believe that startlingly white trainers are the perfect way to compliment a new lonsdale jacket, or, god forbid, a burberry bikini). However, I must concede that chavs do have one purpose- to provide great amusement for myself and other like- minded cynics (particularly when they "harass" me with shouts of "goth"- ironic because a) I am not a goth, and b) if I were a goth I would hardly be offended at being labelled as such).

Anyway, I apologise if my perception of "chavviness" is flawed, but given that I live a mere 20 miles from yarmouth I believe I am subject to perhaps the highest concentration of chavs in Britain, and, based on my understanding of them, find them to be the perfect outlet for my cynicism and derision.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xXeleanoraXx)
    I agree with this perspective; as far as I'm concerned the reason behind chavs being hated lies with my belief that the phrase "nice chav" would be an analytical statement (in the philosophical sense that the two parts are contradictory and hence the statement proves itself to be flawed).

I fail to see what there is to like about chavs, given their disruptive and violent nature, complete disregard for the welfare of the rest of society, not to mention their putrid dress sense (tracksuit trousers tucked into bright yellow socks- seriously!) and abysmal taste in music (although I am willing to accept that the last two are entirely subjective and don't intend to cause offence to those who seriously believe that startlingly white trainers are the perfect way to compliment a new lonsdale jacket, or, god forbid, a burberry bikini). However, I must concede that chavs do have one purpose- to provide great amusement for myself and other like- minded cynics (particularly when they "harass" me with shouts of "goth"- ironic because a) I am not a goth, and b) if I were a goth I would hardly be offended at being labelled as such).

Anyway, I apologise if my perception of "chavviness" is flawed, but given that I live a mere 20 miles from yarmouth I believe I am subject to perhaps the highest concentration of chavs in Britain, and, based on my understanding of them, find them to be the perfect outlet for my cynicism and derision.
    Don't say sorry, thats a rather accurate description.

Theres this one group of chavs who keep calling me Frodo, because I apprantly look like him (I'm nearly 6ft and have red hair) and I like dragons. I seriously doubt that they havn't even read the books.

ReputationRep:
    I agree with all of the above stuff but you know what REALLY annoys me? It's that in school, they absolutely do not respond to any sort of discipline. How are they so impenetrable? How can they not see the stupidity of themselves and the life they are leading?? It's like a whole part of their mind is cut off so they can't see what's really important in life. Racism? Rap? Souped-up cars? Since when were these things ever a good lifestyle choice? Grr... So many questions with no answers. It's so frustrating because no matter what you say to them, it means nothing. Scary emotionless robots!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gio)
    the chav driver gave me the finger for no reason while i was walking down hill to town. So why did he do that then, cos Im from overseas? scum
    Don't worry, I'm not from overseas and recently I was walking around a town centre street where I see a chav in a window (and by God, he really looked like a chav, didn't even have a shirt on) giving people the middle finger for "fun".

Notably it was the finger in the homeboy style, ie at an angle facing down with thumb extended...

Disgusting species.

ReputationRep:
    i have yet to meet one that's not racist. That's all.

ReputationRep:
    Because people like to put themselves higher and differentiate themselves from the working class e.i. the chav class.

Essentially its a class thing.

It actually digusts me that people rant on about dirty chavs, and how 'they' are digusting, when the people saying that are pathetic snobs, who thinks criminals=chavs

ReputationRep:
    I have to say that I've found that the 'chavs' in the northern areas - manchester and liverpool are much friendlier and nicer towards me whereas those in the south where I was, ie eastbourne - are totally scum. A few of them beat up my friends by kicking their heads, throwing stones at them. Later on, more chavs joined the fight. We were only walking along the seafront at night, thats all

ReputationRep:
    I have a chav friend and hes a really decent bloke...but thats all the nice chavs i know!

Some could be polite little buggers....when they're alone or not in a big gang!!! There was one that was smiling at me and asking me politely what the time was...a few days later i saw the same kid but this time he was with a group of other chavvy friends and they were swearing, spitting and being generally abusive towards anyone that walks their path! It seems that when they're in a big gang, they love to be as loud or as rude as they can to show that theyre " hard". grrr!
    Chavs also seem to LOVE to make fun of the chinese or any oriental person ie: pulling the corner of their eyes to make them look squint and making stupid 'chinese' noises at me (that goes by "cha cha ching chong! etc etc ") I mean...wtf!? for crying out loud! get a life and stop hanging about at bus stops for no reason!!!!:mad:

I could go on and on about them but I'll just conclude that...I hate them with passion.

Poll
Do I go to The Streets tomorrow night?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.