Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Confused about waist sizes watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xXMessedUpXx)
    i'm starting to feel bad for being a "bigger person" now. I mean hell if topshop are making sizes bigger and they still don't fit me.... *walks to the nearest cliff*
    Hey, no don't! Be with the size you are. If not, change it but only because you want to; not because of Topshop retailing or anyone else. There is alot better than Topshop clothes out there!

ReputationRep:
    Its weird, i never realised that thinner people (well slim, those who are smaller sizes) ever had problems getting clothes to fit or had issus with their size. Bah you just can't win these days, you're either too big or too small :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Elements)
    I make no sense? Lol, you should really read through all my posts properly and maybe consider getting yourself a thesaurus and dictionary combination too. Or if you already have one then use it! My comments aren't ridiculous whereas as yours...well, let's just say that is where you can apply your adjective too. By making sizes bigger, the sizes that were once considered small are now even smaller.:rolleyes: Plus I do know about relativity; I've come across it in both Science and Maths too. You might not assume that but I have come across lots of ppl that do assume exactly that. Therefore if you don't assume that then you shouldn't be taking this too personally. Yes, I am normally a size 6 though some size 8's do fit. (PS I'm talking about UK sizes here). Don't tell me what I can and can't do- who do you think you are? (That's a rhetorical question btw). I don't blame Topshop because of what the media and ppl do naturally etc, I'm just saying that they don't really stand back and contribute nothing to the situation. Succumbing has to do with the thread as it is you that brought up ppl reading Heat & Closer etc, which are part of the media and then linked onto that is fashion.
    My God, you are so rude. It's totally unneccessary.

I've read your posts well, thank you very much. I don't care what you've learnt in 'science and maths' (how old are you, anyway? Is that GCSE or something?), and how am I supposed to know that you know what relativity is? I don't know you, nor what educational level you're at.

I feel we're going to have to agree to disagree. I don't think the sizing in Topshop is to blame for people thinking you have an eating disorder. I think the people that assume you have an eating disorder and media influences on them are to blame. It's not Topshop's fault that some people are impressionable losers which such fixed ideas on whether a clothes size means you are ill or not.

Ha, thanks for pointing out the rhetorical question, I missed that one :rolleyes:

Oh, and by the way. If you want people to actually understand what you are trying to express, I'd try a little something called paragraphing. And get over your obsession with dictionaries and thesauruses, if you're going to attempt to insult someone at least pick an insult that makes sense. If I've misunderstood anything you've posted (and I don't think I have, personally I think you've misunderstood me) it's been because of errors in your logic and/or phrasing. It's nothing to do with my lack of vocabulary.

ReputationRep:
    Hey, no don't! Be with the size you are. If not, change it but only because you want to; not because of Topshop retailing or anyone else. There is alot better than Topshop clothes out there!
    Now that I actually agree with.

Messed_Up - don't pay much attention to clothes sizes anywhere these days, it's all a load of crap. I'm a small in French Connection, a 10/12 on bottom in TopShop and variable from 6 - 14 in H&M! Ignore the sizing, it means nothing

ReputationRep:
    NO! How many times do I have to reiterate this same point? (That is a rhetorical question btw). When I said the "ppl in mention", I meant the ppl who are bigger because they don't have a good diet or do enough exercise, therefore I wasn't referring to all ppl that are bigger. Now do you understand? And referring back to the bold bit, you just contradicted yourself. Plus I am an A*; top grade student that walks around with my eyes wide opened and an open mind.
    An a* student who can't distinguish between an obvious typo and a spelling mistake?? People who have any intelligence don't need to use exam results to back it up.

And like I have already stated, it doesn't matter that you didn't say all bigger people are so because of a bad diet and exercise regime. The fact is that you made the connection. Just as someone may see a skinny person and think 'they may have an eating disorder'.

The end

ReputationRep:
    I make no sense? Lol, you should really read through all my posts properly and maybe consider getting yourself a thesaurus and dictionary combination too. Or if you already have one then use it! My comments aren't ridiculous whereas as yours...well, let's just say that is where you can apply your adjective too. By making sizes bigger, the sizes that were once considered small are now even smaller.:rolleyes: Plus I do know about relativity; I've come across it in both Science and Maths too. You might not assume that but I have come across lots of ppl that do assume exactly that. Therefore if you don't assume that then you shouldn't be taking this too personally. Yes, I am normally a size 6 though some size 8's do fit. (PS I'm talking about UK sizes here). Don't tell me what I can and can't do- who do you think you are? (That's a rhetorical question btw). I don't blame Topshop because of what the media and ppl do naturally etc, I'm just saying that they don't really stand back and contribute nothing to the situation. Succumbing has to do with the thread as it is you that brought up ppl reading Heat & Closer etc, which are part of the media and then linked onto that is fashion.
    LOST-Locke!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by amie)
    My God, you are so rude. It's totally unneccessary.

I've read your posts well, thank you very much. I don't care what you've learnt in 'science and maths' (how old are you, anyway? Is that GCSE or something?), and how am I supposed to know that you know what relativity is? I don't know you, nor what educational level you're at.

I feel we're going to have to agree to disagree. I don't think the sizing in Topshop is to blame for people thinking you have an eating disorder. I think the people that assume you have an eating disorder and media influences on them are to blame. It's not Topshop's fault that some people are impressionable losers which such fixed ideas on whether a clothes size means you are ill or not.

Ha, thanks for pointing out the rhetorical question, I missed that one :rolleyes:

Oh, and by the way. If you want people to actually understand what you are trying to express, I'd try a little something called paragraphing. And get over your obsession with dictionaries and thesauruses, if you're going to attempt to insult someone at least pick an insult that makes sense. If I've misunderstood anything you've posted (and I don't think I have, personally I think you've misunderstood me) it's been because of errors in your logic and/or phrasing. It's nothing to do with my lack of vocabulary.
    I'm not rude at all; I'm actually sharp-witted- not that you know what that is as has come apparent.:rolleyes:
    The one thing that you have got right is that you don't know me! Therefore, who are you to pass judgement on me? (Another rhetorical question). I only stressed the technique of being rhetorical to you, in case you didn't know and so went to answer it, therefore making an even bigger idiot of yourself than you are now.
    And for the last time, as I am going shortly and do not wish to waste more time than necessary as I have put across what I have said many times now, I did not say that it's all Topshop's fault. I just don't agree with them sizing clothes the way that they do. I do make sense and if you don't understand me then that's probably a good thing, especially as I'm not going to waste my time on stupidity, :sheep: or shallow ppl etc, for the want of other examples.
    I know about paragraphing plus I also got A*'s for both English Language and English Literature at GCSE.
    Well personally you think that I have misunderstood you and that you haven't misunderstood me because of logic, phrasing and my lack of vocabulary, whereas personally for me, I couldn't care less what you think. Plus any person with a good grasp on the English Language and whom has application of knowledge, will prove you to be wrong in attacking me about how I have presented my arguments, especially as you have illustriously proven yourself to be wrong and not very intelligible repitively in this case.
    If you still feel that we should have something to both mutually resolve from out of this, then let's just agree to disagree as you suggested.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sophieliz)
    LOST-Locke!!
    Care to explain what you mean by this as I haven't come over that phrase/combination of words together before?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by _Dynamite_)
    An a* student who can't distinguish between an obvious typo and a spelling mistake?? People who have any intelligence don't need to use exam results to back it up.

And like I have already stated, it doesn't matter that you didn't say all bigger people are so because of a bad diet and exercise regime. The fact is that you made the connection. Just as someone may see a skinny person and think 'they may have an eating disorder'.

The end
    The end...or not. You can't tell me what to do either.

A typo is a spelling error, duh- whether it was mistakedly done or not; it's not how it's usually spelt.

I have plenty of intelligence thank-you very much! I only used my results as ppl were doubting my intelligence. Of course I didn't need to use my results; I used them for empathsis. Do you know what that means? Well even if you do, you need to know how to recognise it too in application. I might not need to use my results to prove my intelligence but at least I have some great results for support- both Sixth form and Universities require and use these.:rolleyes:

I only made that connection about some bigger ppl as I see it all the time around me. I have the facts and not the shallowness.

ReputationRep:
    I'm not rude at all; I'm actually sharp-witted- not that you know what that is as has come apparent.:rolleyes:
    The one thing that you have got right is that you don't know me! Therefore, who are you to pass judgement on me? (Another rhetorical question). I only stressed the technique of being rhetorical to you, in case you didn't know and so went to answer it, therefore making an even bigger idiot of yourself than you are now.
    And for the last time, as I am going shortly and do not wish to waste more time than necessary as I have put across what I have said many times now, I did not say that it's all Topshop's fault. I just don't agree with them sizing clothes the way that they do. I do make sense and if you don't understand me then that's probably a good thing, especially as I'm not going to waste my time on stupidity, :sheep: or shallow ppl etc, for the want of other examples.
    I know about paragraphing plus I also got A*'s for both English Language and English Literature at GCSE.
    Well personally you think that I have misunderstood you and that you haven't misunderstood me because of logic, phrasing and my lack of vocabulary, whereas personally for me, I couldn't care less what you think. Plus any person with a good grasp on the English Language and whom has application of knowledge, will prove you to be wrong in attacking me about how I have presented my arguments, especially as you have illustriously proven yourself to be wrong and not very intelligible repitively in this case.
    If you still feel that we should have something to both mutually resolve from out of this, then let's just agree to disagree as you suggested.
    Hahaha, that was hilarious!

I doubt you're as quick witted as you claim, as you've had to resort to lowest
    -common-denominator insults to both myself and _dynamite_.

I'm judging you based on this thread. In my humble opinion, you have not come across well at all. And yes, you have come across as rude rather than quick witted, mainly due to your quips about dictionaries and thesauruses.

I didn't answer your rhetorical question - what the hell are you talking about? :rolleyes:

I don't agree with their sizing either, I simply replied to this:

"By Topshop sizes I am a size 4, which is really hard to find plus ppl then assume I have an ED, which isn't true, and then be mean. But I like the size I am and I'm healthy so I don't care what they think."

That's not Topshop's fault. This is where we I thought we disagreed. As I say, make yourself clearer and you won't have these problems in future. And cut out the puerile insults like 'idiot' and 'stupid' if you want people to take you seriously. I'm not trying to be a *****, I'm trying to give you advice. Notice how I've not insulted you directly, but your argument and language. There's no need to get personal.

If you know about paragraphing, then why not use paragraphs instead of one block of text? It makes it quite difficult to read, I'm just offering you friendly advice. And so what if you got an A* in a GCSE? What do you want, a medal?

You really do have some growing up to do, I'm afraid. If you actually want to show that I've been wrong in 'attacking' you, then do so. Don't just claim that I'm wrong and unintelligible.

Oh, and by the way, it's 'repetitive', and 'emphasis'.

ReputationRep:
    I have plenty of intelligence thank-you very much! I only used my results as ppl were doubting my intelligence. Of course I didn't need to use my results; I used them for empathsis.
    You've insulted my intelligence and that of _dynamite_, but do you see us whipping out our GCSE/A-Level/University grades to prove otherwise? No. Because the best way to show intelligence is to demonstrate it in your posts. Clearly we didn't think that you had, and parading your grades around looks somewhat childish.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xXMessedUpXx)
    Its weird, i never realised that thinner people (well slim, those who are smaller sizes) ever had problems getting clothes to fit or had issus with their size. Bah you just can't win these days, you're either too big or too small :rolleyes:
    Hehe...I'd say I'm fairly average sized, and I always complain because it feels like it's the middle sizes that sell out first, and I'm left with all the size 6s and size 18s on the rail! It's true, you can't win whatever size you are :p:

ReputationRep:
    The end...or not. You can't tell me what to do either.

A typo is a spelling error, duh- whether it was mistakedly done or not; it's not how it's usually spelt.

I have plenty of intelligence thank-you very much! I only used my results as ppl were doubting my intelligence. Of course I didn't need to use my results; I used them for empathsis. Do you know what that means? Well even if you do, you need to know how to recognise it too in application. I might not need to use my results to prove my intelligence but at least I have some great results for support- both Sixth form and Universities require and use these.:rolleyes:

I only made that connection about some bigger ppl as I see it all the time around me. I have the facts and not the shallowness.
    You are going to have to stop talking down to everyone or you will get nowhere in life. You have to learn to actually take what other people say in and not just totally disregard everything anyone else says. If you had of done this the discussion would now be over. But instead I am left explaining my very simplex point to you over and over again.

A spelling mistake is when someone spells a word wrong because they don't know how to spell it. A typing mistake is spelling something wrong due to a typing error, and therefore does not require a patronising pedant such as yourself to point it out when it really isn't relevent. That just shows how lacking your argument is when you have to resort to criticizing and correcting spellings.

Have you noticed how no one else in this conversation has felt the need to argue how intellegent they are??? Don't you find that odd.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Angel_Cake)
    Hehe...I'd say I'm fairly average sized, and I always complain because it feels like it's the middle sizes that sell out first, and I'm left with all the size 6s and size 18s on the rail! It's true, you can't win whatever size you are :p:
    Bah, that really annoys me, especially around sales time. Yesterday I popped into the River Island mid-season sale because their jeans are a good fit on me, and I could only find 6s and 12s!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by amie)
    Hahaha, that was hilarious!

I doubt you're as quick witted as you claim, as you've had to resort to lowest
    -common-denominator insults to both myself and _dynamite_.

I'm judging you based on this thread. In my humble opinion, you have not come across well at all. And yes, you have come across as rude rather than quick witted, mainly due to your quips about dictionaries and thesauruses.

I didn't answer your rhetorical question - what the hell are you talking about? :rolleyes:

I don't agree with their sizing either, I simply replied to this:

"By Topshop sizes I am a size 4, which is really hard to find plus ppl then assume I have an ED, which isn't true, and then be mean. But I like the size I am and I'm healthy so I don't care what they think."

That's not Topshop's fault. This is where we I thought we disagreed. As I say, make yourself clearer and you won't have these problems in future. And cut out the puerile insults like 'idiot' and 'stupid' if you want people to take you seriously. I'm not trying to be a *****, I'm trying to give you advice. Notice how I've not insulted you directly, but your argument and language. There's no need to get personal.

If you know about paragraphing, then why not use paragraphs instead of one block of text? It makes it quite difficult to read, I'm just offering you friendly advice. And so what if you got an A* in a GCSE? What do you want, a medal?

You really do have some growing up to do, I'm afraid. If you actually want to show that I've been wrong in 'attacking' you, then do so. Don't just claim that I'm wrong and unintelligible.

Oh, and by the way, it's 'repetitive', and 'emphasis'.
    Lol, you really do prove all my points don't you? I am sharp-witted. It's not my fault if you're not good at English etc so stop venting out your insecurities on me.

Again, don't tell me what to do. And don't be a hypocrite either about me getting personal when you have been doing exactly that.

You still think that I think that it is all Topshop's fault despite all that I have been saying.:rofl: You don't want me to call you stupid or an idiot because of this so here's what I'm going to do: After I've finished typing up this post, I'm going to walk away from all of this as it does require a bigger person to do so.

And what's more, don't worry about you not trying to be a ***** because you already are one. So here, have a "congratulations" with that. Just don't expect a medal. I don't want a medal for my achievements because I have earnt them and I'm not a materialistic person.

I have been using paragraphs: Here I have displayed my paragraphs by leaving a line in between each one but another way of showing paragraphs in typing is by just merely starting a new line, which is what I have done in my previous posts.

Once again, I have already proved that you are wrong- it is only you that cannot see this. Therefore that is your problem and not mine. You call what you have been saying "friendly advice"?! Lol, what a joke, and not even a good one at that. You are the one that needs to grow up and not me. What's more, I don't need or appreciate your "friendly advice" so I'd save your time as I am now.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by amie)
    You've insulted my intelligence and that of _dynamite_, but do you see us whipping out our GCSE/A-Level/University grades to prove otherwise? No. Because the best way to show intelligence is to demonstrate it in your posts. Clearly we didn't think that you had, and parading your grades around looks somewhat childish.
    I have demonstrated it: my intelligence as you have once again demonstrated yours: the lack of from what I've seen. Again, I don't care what you think.

ReputationRep:
    You are too funny. Seriously, kid, grow up.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by _Dynamite_)
    You are going to have to stop talking down to everyone or you will get nowhere in life. You have to learn to actually take what other people say in and not just totally disregard everything anyone else says. If you had of done this the discussion would now be over. But instead I am left explaining my very simplex point to you over and over again.
    A spelling mistake is when someone spells a word wrong because they don't know how to spell it. A typing mistake is spelling something wrong due to a typing error, and therefore does not require a patronising pedant such as yourself to point it out when it really isn't relevent. That just shows how lacking your argument is when you have to resort to criticizing and correcting spellings.

Have you noticed how no one else in this conversation has felt the need to argue how intellegent they are??? Don't you find that odd.
    Again, don't tell me what to do. You can stick your comments where the Sun doesn't shine because that is what they are tbh. To the bold bit, you are a hypocrite. I have plenty of friends and I'm well respected by ppl whom matter. I have a better outlook on life than you and when I want to take the advice, as I have already listened to it, from stupid *****es like yourself and amie then I'll let you know about it! I'd rather be me than you lot any day!

ReputationRep:
    haha i love how this was a perfectly reasonable thread but it's now turned into a debate/argument with the answer nowhere in sight

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by amie)
    You are too funny. Seriously, kid, grow up.
    Yep that just about sums it up. She's so juvenile, I'm suprised she hasn't resorted to cussing our mummas.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 16, 2006
Poll
Do I go to The Streets tomorrow night?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.