The Student Room Group
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Knogle
You've made 3 posts on TSR so far, and in all 3 posts, you've basically only said that "UCL economics is better than LSE".

Stop trolling.

Its funny how people don't realise that the league tables DO NOT say it all!!!

I was speaking to a professor at Oxford in March, who said that the LSE economics course is probably the best in the world, and if you have an offer for that, in terms of purely academics, you should go there over both Oxford and Cambridge.
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London
Reply 21
alexeynechaev

I was speaking to a professor at Oxford in March, who said that the LSE economics course is probably the best in the world, and if you have an offer for that, in terms of purely academics, you should go there over both Oxford and Cambridge.

Whether he was right or wrong, it's certainly weird how regularly ppl turn up to say that UCl Econs is better than LSE for the same stuff... IDK, do ppl from this forum go and trash UCL Econs on the UCL forum ? Perhaps I'm just naïve...
Reply 22
Johan C
Whether he was right or wrong, it's certainly weird how regularly ppl turn up to say that UCl Econs is better than LSE for the same stuff... IDK, do ppl from this forum go and trash UCL Econs on the UCL forum ? Perhaps I'm just naïve...

Perhaps you are right and we should:rolleyes:
Reply 23
alexeynechaev
Perhaps you are right and we should:rolleyes:

Let's go on a...

Vendetta my friend !
alexeynechaev

Surely LSE is among the best, but i'd be more reserved on the statement 'the best in the world'. After all the US unis are still the giants in the field.

Speaking of thrashing UCL, who wants to take the initiative of doing so?
speaking of vendetta... has anyone seen 'v for vendetta'... great film.

mixed reviews though.

Oh, and retaking the maths may help, specially because its maths and also because they like 9 A*s or more. That'll give you the ninth one. ..Actually, wait, you're applying for the same year as me... damn.

umm.. don't retake the maths gcse, drop A-levels so you're doing two (the less a-levels the better for LSE) , and make sure you get heavily drunk the night before your exam (i head lse like applicants who have the capacity to do an exam after drinking...); they don't care about grades at all.... *nervous laugh*
Reply 26
TheImpaledWarthog
speaking of vendetta... has anyone seen 'v for vendetta'... great film.

mixed reviews though.

I loved the film, found it very interesting. Wonder why the mixed reviews though.
must admit you've got a good sense of humour lol! and if it was between me n u, ud probably get in at lse, what with all A*'s at gcse! good luck :smile:
Reply 28
Deathscythe HG
Surely LSE is among the best, but i'd be more reserved on the statement 'the best in the world'. After all the US unis are still the giants in the field.

Speaking of thrashing UCL, who wants to take the initiative of doing so?

This is exactly as I was told, hehe. He did say that the atmosphere can not rival either the Ivy or Oxbridge, but the quality of the undergraduate economics course at LSE, if you are prepared to put in the work it demands, is far above both Oxbridge and even the Ivy schools.

Latest

Trending

Trending