?
Report 13 years ago
It is hard to understand, but after listening a few times its not too bad
albowonderer
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
i know she knows im not fond of askin true or false as it may seem shes still after me??!?!? i fink
=nuke=
Badges: 11
Report 13 years ago
I thought it went 'she's still out to get me'. I'm still not sure. :p: When he sings 'true or false' I thought he was singing 'two of us' and I was singing those words for weeks. I'm an idiot.
.Andrew.
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
They have funky hair....

Only saw the video all the way through today, and its a rather good video, nice in-depth view of a girl puking into a toilet... very 'Noice'....
mute
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by n u c l e a r b u d d h a)
When he sings 'true or false' I thought he was singing 'two of us'
I sang them both, I wasn't sure so I alternated, except I bought the album the day after I heard 'Naive' so then I could see the lyrics. That song is amazing, that and 'ooh la'. I'm not fond of 'seaside' though.
Eidothea
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
They have got good hair but jeez, they look like clones of each other.
The video was weird . . . didn't really show teenage angst as i think the song was meant to portray.
=nuke=
Report 13 years ago
The Kooks are angsty? Good heavens. I thought that word was the properly of nu-metal. :p:
evil groove
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by n u c l e a r b u d d h a)
He seems to sing through his nose, that man, and so it is quite hard to work out what he's going on about. :p: I love his voice though. It's... interesting. That might not be the right word but it'll do for now.
Hearing them live, I noted the way he sings Naive is annoyingly different to on the single/album. Some of the words in the song, like the 'so' of "you're 'so' naive", 'asking' and 'sweetheart' consistently show up his southern accent. Don't get me wrong, I don't mind southern accents, it's just that the difference between the live and pre-recorded was so blaringly obvious; it caught my attention too much. It's like the record company told the band to sound a bit more northern, because that's what's cool at the moment. Or perhaps that they really liked the Libertines/Babyshambles at the time they recorded Naive and thought that they would seem pretty ace if the lead singer tried to sound exactly like Mr. Doherty, but then forgot to in the live performance, and -shock horror- his real voice came through. Good song though.
heliotrope
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
the cap'n jazz song of the same name is much better.
=nuke=
Report 13 years ago
Interesting. I'm seeing them in about 50 days so I'll be able to hear this bizarre change of accent for myself.

On TV their live performances are always great and I haven't yet noticed a change in the way he sings certain words, but I have noticed that he changes the lyrics a little each time.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you ever signed up for an open day and then not gone to it?

Yes (35)
46.05%
No (41)
53.95%

Watched Threads