Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

The Kooks - Naive. watch

ReputationRep:
    It is hard to understand, but after listening a few times its not too bad

ReputationRep:
    i know she knows im not fond of askin true or false as it may seem shes still after me??!?!? i fink

I thought it went 'she's still out to get me'. I'm still not sure. :p: When he sings 'true or false' I thought he was singing 'two of us' and I was singing those words for weeks. I'm an idiot.

ReputationRep:
    They have funky hair....

Only saw the video all the way through today, and its a rather good video, nice in-depth view of a girl puking into a toilet... very 'Noice'....

(Original post by n u c l e a r b u d d h a)
    When he sings 'true or false' I thought he was singing 'two of us'
    I sang them both, I wasn't sure so I alternated, except I bought the album the day after I heard 'Naive' so then I could see the lyrics. That song is amazing, that and 'ooh la'. I'm not fond of 'seaside' though.

ReputationRep:
    They have got good hair but jeez, they look like clones of each other.
    The video was weird . . . didn't really show teenage angst as i think the song was meant to portray.

The Kooks are angsty? Good heavens. I thought that word was the properly of nu-metal. :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by n u c l e a r b u d d h a)
    He seems to sing through his nose, that man, and so it is quite hard to work out what he's going on about. :p: I love his voice though. It's... interesting. That might not be the right word but it'll do for now.
    Hearing them live, I noted the way he sings Naive is annoyingly different to on the single/album. Some of the words in the song, like the 'so' of "you're 'so' naive", 'asking' and 'sweetheart' consistently show up his southern accent. Don't get me wrong, I don't mind southern accents, it's just that the difference between the live and pre-recorded was so blaringly obvious; it caught my attention too much. It's like the record company told the band to sound a bit more northern, because that's what's cool at the moment. Or perhaps that they really liked the Libertines/Babyshambles at the time they recorded Naive and thought that they would seem pretty ace if the lead singer tried to sound exactly like Mr. Doherty, but then forgot to in the live performance, and -shock horror- his real voice came through. Good song though.

ReputationRep:
    the cap'n jazz song of the same name is much better.

Interesting. I'm seeing them in about 50 days so I'll be able to hear this bizarre change of accent for myself.

On TV their live performances are always great and I haven't yet noticed a change in the way he sings certain words, but I have noticed that he changes the lyrics a little each time.

Poll
Are you going to a festival?
Useful resources

Articles:

TSR wiki music section

Quick link:

Unanswered music threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.