The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

nightshade
I have found many uni prospectus that requiered you to be 18, or had at least some restrictions for student under 18 like you cant live on campus or you must have a letter of consent from parents or something like you can only get accepted if your app is permited by the director of addmition... however if they apply this in real life is another thing.
and could you please let me know which unis u applied to so i could know for sure that they take on 17 year olds?? thanx

King's College London, Edinburgh, Royal Holloway, Sussex, and Queen Mary :smile:
Reply 21
Some of them might relax the rules if they like you. Eg. i have a friend who applied to a Cambs, and the rule for the college she applied to was that she'd have to be 18 on the first day of term, and she's going to be 18 a few weeks after. And she knew that, but she applied for 2006 anyway, not wanting to take a gap year. And no-one said anything about it before or after she was accepted, so i don't know whether that's that they liked her so much they didn't think she'd benefit from a gap year, or they just didn't notice her age. But either way they can't change it now :smile:.
Knogle
Must be 17 at the start of your first term? Are you sure you said that right?
17 or older, there's no need to nitpick :p:
Reply 23
gianthead
17 or older, there's no need to nitpick :p:

:hugs: :gthumb:
Reply 24
You lot are confusing me :frown:
Im getting the impression that you can't apply to a uni if your not going to be 18 in that academic year (before sept)
Alot of people apply between Sept - Jan and alot of them arent going to be 18 when applying, so stop confusing me.
You can definetly apply is your 18 before the start of your course

Anyway to the thread starter, my brother was 18 when he went but hes course said he had to be 19 but in his words he 'blagged his way in'.
Good luck, im guessing you were moved forward a year at some point?
Reply 25
jonjoe
You lot are confusing me :frown:
Im getting the impression that you can't apply to a uni if your not going to be 18 in that academic year (before sept)
Alot of people apply between Sept - Jan and alot of them arent going to be 18 when applying, so stop confusing me.
You can definetly apply is your 18 before the start of your course

Anyway to the thread starter, my brother was 18 when he went but hes course said he had to be 19 but in his words he 'blagged his way in'.
Good luck, im guessing you were moved forward a year at some point?

OH man thats just crazy:eek: .... did u hear that Mush.. so basicly this uni wants u to start uni at 19 when your actualy could be graduating by then.
Reply 26
I was 17 for my first term and a little of my second at university. I got offers from Warwick (where I am now), York, Bath, Newcastle and Surrey and none had any problems with my age :smile: If you feel ready for university, then there's no reason you shouldn't go - but check with universities first to make sure they will consider you if you're under 18 as there's no harm in asking and it saves you wasting a choice.
Jenn xx
Reply 27
nightshade
OH man thats just crazy:eek: .... did u hear that Mush.. so basicly this uni wants u to start uni at 19 when your actualy could be graduating by then.

Lol i know...tis cool:cool:

Latest

Trending

Trending