The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Shylock
well just try and talk to him again and no you're not exactly asking for too much.

I guess you're right, there's not much more that I can do apart from talking to him. I was thinking of writing him a letter, he likes me writing him letters god knows why and its easier in a way to say, obviously i will talk to him first.
cat_meiow
I guess you're right, there's not much more that I can do apart from talking to him. I was thinking of writing him a letter, he likes me writing him letters god knows why and its easier in a way to say, obviously i will talk to him first.

do both..letters are sweet :love: i never get any lol not even from the bank anymore *Sigh*
Reply 22
Louher
I wouldn't rush in and end it totally. Maybe just leave it up to him? If you explain your not after constant attention just a small acknowledgement of your existence every now and again i'm sure he'll understand.

That is a brilliant way of putting it, exactly what I was trying to say, thank you.
Reply 23
Right im off to bed, thank you for your replies keep posting if you can think of anything. Good night everyone. Hope my boyfriend is ok (fyi he's in hosiptal due to maybe getting concused last night wrestling with friends at a bbq last night, i should feel no sympathy!)
Reply 24
Hope it all works out for you! Night :smile: x
nite
Reply 26
Do you think im just wasting my time with him?
no! :hugs: why? did anything happen in the short space of a few hours?
Reply 28
Shylock
no! :hugs: why? did anything happen in the short space of a few hours?

No but knowing my luck he's probably in hospital and I'm here thinking he's ignoring me, or even worse he just can't be bothered.

I hate paranoia, why are guys such hard work? And they say girls play games!
lol i know what you mean hon :hugs: maybe just wait till he gets out of hospital. :hugs:
Reply 30
Shylock
lol i know what you mean hon :hugs: maybe just wait till he gets out of hospital. :hugs:

I don't actaually know he's there.
cat_meiow
I don't actaually know he's there.

then call him up and just say you just called to say hi,and ask how he is,and if he's ok,(where if he's in hospital he'll say) and then if he's not say ok you guys need to talk in a few days etc and that'll you'll speak to him soon
Reply 32
Shylock
then call him up and just say you just called to say hi,and ask how he is,and if he's ok,(where if he's in hospital he'll say) and then if he's not say ok you guys need to talk in a few days etc and that'll you'll speak to him soon

We are supposidly meeting up later to talk because according to him "we can't have this conversation over the phone." Which to me sounds like he wants to end it, but knowing my luck we won't even meet up. Why are relationships so god damn complicated?
cat_meiow
We are supposidly meeting up later to talk because according to him "we can't have this conversation over the phone." Which to me sounds like he wants to end it, but knowing my luck we won't even meet up. Why are relationships so god damn complicated?

well he's got a point,you shouldn't have such convos on the phone. i know what you mean though,but have some faith ok?:hugs: things can get better,and also don't just assume he won't make it.:hugs:
know exactl how u feel hun*hugs*
how'd it go? have you spoken to him now?
Give him time i mean if he works theres not alot he can do about it, it dont mean he don't love he maybe be just as upset about it, least you see him once a week some people who have partners don't get that.
Ok i'm posting anon cause my boyfriend reads the forums and he doesn't realise that I was "put off seeing him" for a while lol but this was our situation in reverse. He was the one getting annoyed because he wanted more of my time. I was the same as your boyfriend and took the "I didn't think you were so highly strung" line and his nagging just put me off hanging out with him. I love him dearly but I hated having this clingy guy who was always pissed off at me every time we spoke and I didn't relish going to see him atall. Then he explained even if i just gave him a text telling him I was thinking about him from time to time then he would be happy. I thought "fair enough" and after I started doing it he was much happier and I loved hanging out with him or chatting on the phone because he wasn't pissed off,we were having a laugh and he wasn't always questioning whether I was getting bored of him. So whatever you do try not to nag and whenever you do talk be positive and stress how happy you are to see him/speak to him I know it's annoying i can totaly see now why he was pissed off at me but at the time he just came across needy!
also that "give me notice" thing is even worse it totaly drians the spontinaity(sp?) out of the relationship, and it's as if you have to pencil each other in to your diaries a week in adavance-not good.
Reply 38
Ok well ive been away and back again and had time to talk to my boyfriend, we've both talked and cried and made each other aware of how we feel. I was really shocked how much he loved me, he was soo sweet, he remembered every little detail of the first time we got together and when we used to fool around at school. Anyways, we concluded that we wouldnt take each other for granted soo much and make time for each other and soo far soo good. I've also realised that I don't have to worry soo much and just chill a bit.

Thanks everyone for everything.
yay :party: woo!!! love rocks! hehe :biggrin::love:

Latest

Trending

Trending